Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: lumia 820 random reboot

Advisor
Simdigg

lumia 820 random reboot

Hi all my girlfriend has the nokia 820 and is experiencing some issues with randon reboot and poor batery life I have googled a fair bit and still cannot get a straight answere. Will this be fixed with the portico update or is it more likely there is an issue or 2 with the phone?

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

The portico update does fix many of the random reboots that people have been experiencing. The other more common cause of random reboots is the sim card especially if it's old, worn, badly cut or faulty. A sim swap from the network would fix it in that case.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Simdigg

okay thanks for the reply will have to wait and hope for the best when the update comes out for Australia. Also i remember when we first booted the phone it came up with a white/black fuzzy screen for a while, would this be something to worry about?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

My wife's 820 had that fuzzy screen the first time, it's been fine ever since. Hope the update or sim swap fixes the rebooting issue for you.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Simdigg

okay no problem thanks alot for the help much appreciated
Please use plain text.