Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: lumia 900 7.8 restore to 7.5?

Counsellor
lumiatune

lumia 900 7.8 restore to 7.5?

Hi folks need some advice if anyone can help, I managed to update my Lumia 900 to 7.8 ( firmware revision no 2175.2905.8853.12440 ) As the updates came through when I was fiddling with my router I suspect I may have inadvertently forced it, beng as the update has now been withdrawn and Zune is giving me the option to restore back to before the update should I do it? I dont run apps in the background & have noticed no problems with my phone as it is, also when the update is sorted & re-released will it have a later firmware number so I can just install that? One last thing, my handset is unbranded & I have no option for "automatic"time, does this matter? Thanks all

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

[ Edited ]

Whether or not you hav ethe automatic time settings depends on the firmware. Just stay with 7.8 if you updated and have no issues. Not everyone will have them. While there is no information yet on the fixed update I would assume all versions will update to that..

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
2grimus6

As Nokia seem unwilling to give advice about that, my view is that if Microsoft thought it was important enough to pull the upgrade then reverting back to 7.5 is probably the best thing to do.

One of the issues reported is excessive data use and battery drain caused by a loop if a Live Tile tries and fails to connect to the interent.

7.5 limits the number of re-tries avoiding this problem.

Please use plain text.