Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

lumia 920 is not connecting to pc

Advisor
zuzelu

lumia 920 is not connecting to pc

Hy,i dont know what happened but today when i tried to connect my phone to pc ( USB) is not connecting to windows phone not even like partions in My Computer ( C,D,F etc),just hear the sound when something is connecting and start to charge ???i tried to to restart phone ,unnistall the windows phone from pc . Nothing !! anyone know something about this or some tips how to fix this. TY
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: lumia 920 is not connecting to pc

Can you try the suggestion posted here ?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zuzelu

yes and still nothing ...in device manager wp is not ( portable device are only H,I,J ), if disconnect-reconnect the phone this is not starting to install the wp soft....just CHARGING.....i tried to change the setting about region etc( was for italy and now im in romania so i though is this but NO)....I searched on google for wp soft and i didnt find it only ZUNE.i installed this soft and it say ,, no device conected,....hope is not necessary to reboot my phone from zero
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

What version of Windows do you run, WIndows Phone 8 uses MPT to connect to your PC. You can find more information on this here.

Do you give your PCtime to install drivers where required? this may take a while in some cases. Check in Device manager with the Phone connected if there are any partial or failed driver installs, delete those and then disconnect and connect to another USB port to reinstall but give it time to complete..

---

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zuzelu

W7 home premium 64bit , first time worked ( 10 nov ) and last time when i used was 4 days ago . so far i tryied many way to fix but nothing ,i tryied with another notebook and desktop connecting the phone and is not loading the soft so i installed the wp software manually and still nothing..Thing the problem is the phone to reboot but i wont do that AGAIN to lose almost all . If i ll find the problem i ll post . ok TY guys for help
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Is your Windows 7 upto date ?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zuzelu

yup already checked 2x times ........the problem is phone (is up to date ) ,already tried to another notebook( w8 ) and desktop (w7) and didnt work
Please use plain text.
Advisor
zuzelu

i solved the problem....you have to install the ,,net framework 4.5" ,, [url=http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653] click to download app [/url] ....in my case first didnt worked after install and today ( after 1 day from install) had 2 updates for net framework 4.5. So now is work like is new ... :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
zuzelu

Please use plain text.
Advisor
KevinColeman

Having read these "suggestions" I have can confirm it is NOT any of these. I have a Sony notebook, clean install of Windows 8 64 bit which already included netframework V4.5. I have uninstalled the device & let it install again. NONE of these worked. This is all too typical os Nokia, a new phone, current software & not compatible & no support from Nokia. I had similar issues with an X7 with mapping, it NEVER was resolved. I should have known better & not bought a Nokia phone again!!!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

hi there i have just got my nokia back from repair for the second time under a new imei number am not sure if it an refurb or a new one, but either way on my old one i could connect usb to pc no problems this one does not any ideas please

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ThePope

when i tried to connect my phone to pc ( USB) is not connecting to windows phone not evenshowing ,D,F connections on My Computer. Just hear the sound when something is connecting and start to charge ???i tried to to restart phone Nothing !! anyone know something about this or some tips how to fix this.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Nafis20

I'm having the same problem with lumia 1020.. have you got the solution ?? PLZ HELP !!

Please use plain text.