Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: lumia 920 screen rotation bot working!

Registered Member
lrsj

lumia 920 screen rotation bot working!

Hiya, just wondering if anyone else is having problems with their lumia 920's screen not rotating.

I have had mine for just over a month and have had no problems with it up until now.

thanks.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lrsj

Very sorry, that should say not working rather than bot working!!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Several threads on it yes.Have you tried any resets as yet?

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lrsj

i have Re: lumia 920 screen rotation bot working!

i have tried the soft reset ie volume and power button and then a sequence of the buttons and it has not fixed it.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: i have Re: lumia 920 screen rotation bot working!

although drastic, you may be forced to perform a hard reset (Settings > About > Reset your phone). please backup all your personal data to PC and / or online storage first, as a hard reset wipes everything.

Failing that, you will need to take your phone back to your point of purchase, or if they are being less than helpful, to your local Nokia Care: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

Just posting more detailed information on already posted solution.....
First try the soft reset which is to press and hold Vol Down + Power buttons until the phone vibrates.

If the above does not work, try the 3-button reset which is to press and hold Vol down + Power + Camera buttons, release the power button when the phone vivbrates and the remining buttons 5 seconds later.

If the above dont work, try the rset below.

Step 1
Make sure the charger is disconnected.
1. Switch the power Off.
2. Press and hold the Volume down and connect the charger, if succeed an exclamation mark (!) is shown on the screen.
(To exit press the Volume Down + Power Key and hold them for 10 seconds).
Step 2
Then input Keys in the following order:
1. Volume up
2. Volume down
3. Power
4. Volume down
Step 3
The phone will reset and boot up automatically.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
IsItRl

I had the same problem today. I tried all the suggestions here.i looked on another forum and someone said after going through all the reset procedures with no success, he decided to give the phone a few firm taps on the back..and it worked! It worked for me also! I hope it's not a serious hardware problem.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
three_thirteen

Just did the old hard tap on the back like 👆 suggested and worked like a charm, thanks. ( it took three taps each harder than the last ) didn't even attempt a reset!
Please use plain text.