Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: lumia 920 stuck too often

bchocotoff

lumia 920 stuck too often

I received my Lumia 920 yesterday. It was the first batch of lumia's to arrive in the Netherlands

I booted up the phone and immediately started the camera. While making my second movie the phone got stuck. This was within the first 10 min of use.

One day later my phone has freezed about 15 times already at random events. While playing music, scrolling in marketplace, music store, playing music, camera activities.

Are more people experiencing this or is it just my phone. Should I ask for a new device at the retailer or is this fixable through updates?

Thanks in advanced for any support on my issue

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Can you try a hard reset first? BACK UP DATA FIRST,then go to -settings-about phone -reset.
If this issue remains take it back to point of purchase

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
bchocotoff

Did the hard reset, after the gears screen.. going through the wizard of the starting installation the phone froze again. Short after that froze again while restoring my backup from the cloud.. i'll mail my retailer for a new one
Please use plain text.
KNoaman

I've received my Lumia 920 black also yesterday in The Netherlands. I've ordered it from a webshop called 'Coolblue'.

I really used my phone a lot the last 24 hours or so. I've experienced about 2 small, quick stuck issues and 1 quite long, annoying one. In general my phone performs quite smooth and stable. I've experienced also 3 or 4 annoying bugs which are probably related with a software issue. It can be fixed by an update and I hope they, Nokia and Microsoft will do so.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mates,

if your network carrier is being less than helpful in the matter, you can always contact Nokia directly for their assistance in this matter, by visiting http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

Portico software update which should be available in Feb contains fix for random freeze issue as reported by US/Canada 920 users who had received that update from Nokia last month.
Please use plain text.
Aeky168

Please wait to update fw next month
Please use plain text.