Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

lumia 920 unlock code

Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: lumia 920 unlock code

[ Edited ]

If it's locked to EE (UK) a T-mobile (UK) sim should work in it? If not T-mobile should be able to swap you to an EE sim without loss of number.

Either way this is not something that Nokia or the users of this forum can help you with as only the network it is locked to have access to the code to unlock it. You need to take the argument up with P4U as they should have made it clear which networks it worked on.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MrHapPychapPie

Hi , purchased my 920 on Orange i

also want to unlock so here is the info

Min of 3 mths with Orange then call customer services

to unlock which will cost £20.42 so have that amount

on your phone T mobile will be ruffly that aswell

Keep Smiling".

Please use plain text.
rhiggins

bought my lumia 920 at beginning of november from phones4u sim free, but locked to EE.

was told by phones4u and EE that after 3 months i can unlock it for £20.

just spoke to EE to get my phone unlocked as 3 months has now passed. They have now told me that as i didn't b

uy the phone from them they cannot unlock it and i need to speek to phones4u!

phones4u cant unlock it, Nokia cant unlock it and now EE are saying they cant unlock it! Even though my 3 months is up! Complete joke!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gwc_333

[ Edited ]

I though you were joking when you said EE wouldn't unlock your phone.

I too have just called EE to follow up on my unlocking and they have said it has been rejected and that I should go to P4U to get it unlocked.

I'm not looking forward to that conversation tomorrow!

Should have just sent the effing phone back 3 months ago - this is taking up too much of my time, money and patience!

Has any one tried the online unlocking services?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
johnboy64

Hi there you could try the (fone fun shop), they might be able to unlock it for you. you can google it. Hope this helps
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gwc_333

I've actually given up on getting this phone on to the network of my choice!

P4U  have been absolutely amazing and have offered me a full refund so I am sending the phone back as soon as they send me the pre-paid envelope.

I feel i have wasted enough of my time trying to keep this phone.

Goodbye Nokia! I shall be getting either a Samsung or HTC to replace it.

Below is the feedback from Nokia Careline - but truly have given up

Thank you for contacting Nokia Careline.

We greatly appreciate you for choosing Nokia Lumia 920 as your preferred device. At the same tim,e We understand your feedback regarding the exlusivity of the handset in EE network. Please be advised that the reason why the phone is initially made available in EE is that EE is the only UK network provider offering a 4G service currently. This may also be a reason why a SIM free Lumia 920 is unavailable in the country at this time.

With regard to unlocking your handset, please be advised that your phone was sold at a subsidised price as part of a network package. Whether you bought it directly from the network operator or from a 3rd-party retailer, the price you paid was subsidised by the network operator in return for using their services. Please understand that only the network operator where the device is locked into can legally provide the unlocking information to you. It is possible that the network operator may charge a fee for this.

The best suggestion that we can suggest is that you get in touch with EE operator so that they may be able to better assist you in unlocking your handset. You may also opt contacting the point of purchase of your phone (Phones4U) to verify if your handset is indeed locked to EE.

We would like to ask for your kind consideration regarding this matter.

To know more about Nokia Lumia 920, please refer to the link below:

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/products/phone/lumia920/

Thank you for your continuous support on Nokia products and services. Should you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

For updates and more information about Nokia, please feel free to check our website. Kindly refer to the link below:

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/

You may also call our Customer Care Hotline at 0845-045-5555, Mon-Fri 9am-7pm (except bank and public holidays).

We wish you a pleasant day ahead.

Yours sincerely,

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dongfix

gwc_333: go to cellphoneunlock.net choose /!\ ORANGE /!\ as the network (make sure it's orange!). They will unlock your phone, I used them and currently have a Lumia 920 on Giffgaff, see the attachment.

Yes it's more expensive than the carrier's own unlocking (there are likely other companies/services that may do it for cheaper) but it's the one I chose and it worked. Don't trust either P4U or EE as both are incompetent, it's no wonder t-mobile and orange had to merge; impossible to contact customer services and an absolutely laughable network coverage.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gwc_333

This has all gone downhill - I was going to return the phone so remotely erased it, and it never came back to life.  Have had to send it back to Nokia for a 'fix'; so the unlock code will have to wait a bit longer, and who knows I may  not be able to return it once I get it back.

Watch this space - still keen to hear from others that have successfully unlocked their phones...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
unlocked

[ Edited ]

Just received my unlock codes via T-mobile yesterday.  I got my lumia 920 from phones4u early Nov, stuck an existing t-mobile payg sim in it and requested the unlock codes a few days later ( Charged 15.22 for that ).  Yesterday ( after almost 80 days and several follow up calls ) I received my unlock codes via an e-mail which was clearly sent from a legacy Orange department ( references to orange sims etc ).  The unlock code worked fine and I stuck an O2 chip in and after 10 mins on the phone to get internet/mms settings was up and running.

Coincidentally the day I received my unlock codes was the day Vodafone launched the 920 , I assume the codes were restricted by Nokia and or EE until the end of the exclusivity period.

If anyone has had the request rejected I would try and resubmit now , as if it can be unlocked via t-mobile there is no reason it can't be done via EE or Orange either.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
abelardo

you may fin an factory unlocked on amazon

Please use plain text.
Professor
garym11

The AT&T 920 has been out 6 months now. They just started unlocking those 920's at owner request.

Please use plain text.
baconsammich

Phones4u SIM free Lumia 920.

Using Orange UK SIM card in it.

Called Orange customer care today: refused to unlock it, saying it wasn't possible. I did however TELL them that the phone was bought from Phones4U. I might call back now and just say I bought it from them, see if that works.

Incredibly annoying. I am abroad and want to use a local SIM card, not roaming.

Please use plain text.