Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: lumia 920 vodafone Ireland

Sage
shay1

lumia 920 vodafone Ireland

looks like the lumia 920 will not be coming to vodafone ireland yet, the lumia 820 is in the coming soon section with no sign of the 920.

looks like its going to be the same as last year with the L800 and L900, the L800 start of feb and L900 later in the year.

very disappointed.   :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Sage
shay1

Should I wait for the 920 or go with the 820??

Any advice, what would you do??

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@shay1

Departing from specifications whilst aesthetically 920 will always be the winner, from practical point of view find 820 much easier to hold as have come very close to dropping 920 upon a couple of occasions now. During first few weeks when had to reset 920 it was a real pain losing all media each time although Skydrive backup relatively painless, whereas of course 820 can take a microSD. I am sure that you would not be disappointed with an 820!

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

The 920 is available in Ireland now, not yet from carriers though.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Very highly priced with POL
I know the guy who owns the site so mention my name he might discount it.
The 920 will be coming to vodafone in february.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

[ Edited ]

I will probably get an unlocked model at full price, I need to slip in a Dutch or US SIM when I am abroad. And Vodafone is way to expensive for my taste, I am quite happy on Three..

It does not help we are at 23% VAT, but the outright price is about the same as in the UK where it goes for about £520 incl VAT.

The 920s going for around £470 in he UK are all locked to EE so you'd be down another 30-40 or so to get those unlocked. I'd rather get an officially unlocked phone with vanilla firmware.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Voda can be good and bad with prices. EG the 610 is 99 euros,and they are 150 elsewhere
The plans are very expensive
it will cost 50 euro here to get it lt unlocked by a reputable dealer.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Well, I don't call or text much and for 20 euro a month I am set and have unlimited internet.

---

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

thats good so.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Sage
shay1

I think the SD card is a major plus,also the option of wireless charging.
I just hate lost data after reset or repair. L820
is starting to look like a much more practical option for me
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Obviously with MTTP support getting data back to the phone after a reset is trivial almost. Using the built in backup function all settings and textmessages get restored, mediafiles is a matter of drag and drop.

Personally I thought about this a long time and I came to the conclusion I prefer the 920 with 32GB storage built in and skydrive which I extended anyway. All my music and videos are streamed from home using Plex anyway.

---

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mc_gloineowne

Where is the Nokia Lumia 920, in colour, for Ireland?

The phone has been released November 2, 2012 thats over 3 months ago this is getting ridiculous and am now seriously considering getting a HTC 8X :@

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

First of all it was not released in Ireland 3 months ago.
It was due to be released 1.2.13.
You won't get an answer here either this is a peer to peer forum.
However I feel the pain. Nokia Ireland or any of the networks have been very quite on this phone.
Nokia Ireland have made two statements on their Facebook page to explain the reasons.
As it stands there is still no update as to when we will see it Ireland.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

I feel your pain too. The whole Irish launch has been a bit of a fiasco. 

Anyway, have you considered getting it sim free and unbranded from some of the online retailers? Before you say it is more expensive, it isn't really. Just compare the cost of your current tariff with the equivalent sim only bill pay tariff and multiply that by the duration of your contract and add the cost of the phone on top of that and you will find that you are really paying for the phone in instalments over the duration of the contract. Plus you end up with a phone full of VF branding, more bugs, only available in black. Also, sim only bill pay contract is only for 30 days so you can switch tariffs or providers anytime you want. 

Best of all, you get your Lumia 920 now and in the colour of your choice. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

02 have just announced pricing
http://www.o2online.ie/shop/view/product/ql_catalog/catdevice/35414905

Nokia ireland have announced nothing yet again.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Not a bad price that. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

[ Edited ]

Prepay is actually good yes.

But! is it in stock is it actually available..........And is it available to all customers.i seen none land yet.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Billpay is ludicrous, Prepay sound OK if you do not travel abroad much using alocal SIM.

It amazes me how the same phone is € 585 SIM free in The Netherlands in any color there is.. Must be Nokia IE is not that interested in actually selling these phones. I guess I'm lucky to be in The Netherlands in a few weeks then. :smileywink:

---

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mc_gloineowne

I ment it had been over 3 months since nokia launched its lumia 920 into the world and it has taken over 3 months just to get it close to ireland meanwhile over in somewhere like America you can pick one up for about €300 and there actually doing buy one get one free on one network.

And it dose seem like were going to have to sit around waiting for the colourful models to trickle in and by then nokia will probably have launched a new phone.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

mc_gloineowne wrote:

And it dose seem like were going to have to sit around waiting for the colourful models to trickle in and by then nokia will probably have launched a new phone.

It's the networks who pick the colours so you need to get on to them about that. I am already blue in the face telling Vf and O2 Irl. 

Please use plain text.