Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

lumia625 date & time settings change

mitsui123

lumia625 date & time settings change

Hi all, pls help me asap with this problem.
everytime I restart the phone, the date and time will go to 6 March 2013, 11.27am. Why is this so? My previous phone do not have this problem. Thus, the time is not according to the internet time since it is set by me.

thanks in advance for the advices!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ugura

Re: lumia625 date & time settings change

Did you check if Settings->Date+Time->automatic mode is enabled?

The silence will fall
Please use plain text.
mitsui123

It was initially disabled since the date and time were incorrect so that I can amend myself.
I just enabled it and tried restarting again but the time and date were still reset back to that particular date and time.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

have you checked that your microSIM is cut correctly and with your network carrier? a soft reset may also be performed.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
mitsui123

May I know what is a soft reset? Does it mean resetting the phone?
thanks for yr replies...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Soft Reset : Press Power + Volume(down) keys until the phone vibrates (about 8-10 seconds). Phone will reboot. This will not erase any data from the phone...

BTW, when you enable Auto time update .. even after a couple of minutes the time doesn't get corrected ? Your Operator should support this feature though ..

Please use plain text.
mitsui123

I do not know if this is considered as rebooting. When I press Power+volume(down) and hold these, the phone does not vibrate. It just shut down and after I release the buttons, it vibrates a while to restart itself. And the time and date are reset as usual.

after I enable auto time update, it does not get corrected. What should I do? Go to a Nokia solution centre or to my mobile network service provider?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

What you have just done is a reboot. The time will reset itself after a reboot, however, it should set to the correct time automatically if you have auto time update enabled and if your operator supports this function. Bes to check with your operator to see if they support this first before trying anything else.

Please use plain text.
mitsui123

Dear all, 

I have sent the phone to care centre. After the centre has reserviced the phone, they said date and time have to be manually set. After a soft reboot, the date and time will automatically set to the default. So, I guess they are telling me this phone is like this. Thus, even if I enabled or disenabled, it is still manually set up. Oh well, this phone... 

In any case, thanks for all your help. 

Please use plain text.
Zero2

I had this problem with a new 625. I found it was probably due to the 4G signal. When I went to Settings/mobile network and switched Highest connection speed to 3G, the time immediately updated correctly, and remained correct when I switched back to 4G.
Please use plain text.