Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

making a call on lumia 520

notchjohnson

making a call on lumia 520

[ Edited ]

i've had my 520 for a week. when making a call the screen goes blank, so i cant end the call. sometimes i can hear the person at the other end, sometimes i cant. is this problem unique?

the screen comes back sometime after the call has ended.

to make matters worse i find that the nearest nokia service point is 60 miles away. i live in one of the largest connurbations in the uk, so i find that pretty poor! 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: making a call on lumia 520

This is common caused by something blocking the proximity sensor at the top of the display next to the "Nokia". If you recently installed a screen protector or a new case, make sure it isn't obscuring the sensor. Dust particles can also block the sensor.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
abhimitra

i have the same problem persisting from a week :'( wats the solution.. i have the screen protector but its very thin and transparent plastic cover..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aveo

hi i have a lumia 520 and i cant make a call when i try to call a number from list i cant what i do wrong?

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Hi aveo,

Welcome to the Nokia Support Discussions!

Can you further elaborate on your concern? Does this happen to all of your calls? Is there any error message? What steps have you tried to solve this? Please note that you need to have a cellular signal to be able to make a call. Aside from that, you also need to have enough load/balance to do this.

Final Banner
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
arun27prakash

while making a call in lumia 520 my screen goes black, so i am unable to abort (cancel)/end the call till the receiver to whom i  whish to make a call abort it.

pathetic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the same situation was reported by John on June 2013. even after that if it repeats and no correction has ben taken yet, then why do NOKIA need R&D ??????????????

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ezal36

I am same problem. When making a call I can not hear anyone answer and sometimes my phone just restarts. I can't get it fixed and nothing has helped. very frustrating :smileysad:

Please use plain text.