Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

messages show on lock screen

Registered Member
RoseyJ

messages show on lock screen

I have a Lumia 822. In all screens, including the lock screen, my incoming text messages are shown almost entirely. If my phone is locked, I don't want other people seeing my messages. Is there any way to turn this off??
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Re: messages show on lock screen

no unfortunately there is no way to turn off the toast notifications that pop-up on the screen when someone sends thru a text message.

you can always leave feature suggestions with Microsoft: http://windowsphone.uservoice.com
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Check if you have the following .. 

Settings-->Lock Screen --> 'Choose an app to show detailed status' under 'notifications' ..

If you have, then confirm that 'Messaging' is NOT selected under it. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

completely forgot about that one Farbs lol, that's a good one :smileyhappy:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.