Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

mms

Counsellor
ticklepixie

mms

My lumia 800 doesn't sends or opens mms. Everytime I send an mms/ picture message it comes up as "can't send. Try again"
Please help solving this issue
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: mms

On your phone go to the market, then the nokia collection section and look for an app called "Network Setup". Install it, then run it and select your network if it asks you.

After that MMS should work. If not please let us know what network you are on and what country you are in.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ticklepixie

Hits sorry I forgot to mention, I did that already, selected my operator n the issue wasn'tresolved.
another friend has lumia from different provider he advised to set the apn, I did that, copied it from my Nokia n8 through same provider, it sent one picture message n then back to square 1. I m in UK and the providers are O2 (just **bleep** guys don't know anything about phone.... Raging)
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

When you are selecting O2 from the list are you selecting the correct settings for O2? I used the app to get MMS working on a friends lumia on O2 UK and seem to remember it offered two types of settings for O2, I think it was "postpay" (for contract customers) and "prepay" (for pay as you go customers).
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ticklepixie

Yes I m selecting the right settigs, mine is a contract so its monthly contract/ postpay. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Very odd, have you contacted O2 to see if there's anything they can do?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ticklepixie

They seem to know nothing about the phone what so ever. I have multiple issues with this handset, they swapped it over with a new one, which isn't any better. The only solution they have is to reset the phone, this handset I have is been reset 4 times in 12 days, m getting annoyed I use it fir my work n I regret leaving blackberry :-( hope some one from Nokia reads it n understand the distress I m you g through. I need to cancel my contract with o2 along with Nokia, I m loosing patience now cannot afford to loosing texts from clients n backing up the phone over n over.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Ok, you do that.

Still find it odd that MMS is working perfectly on my friends O2 UK contract Lumia yet not on yours.

Personally I've had a pretty trouble free ride with the Lumia, no major issues at all. Been rock solid stable. Makes me wonder if O2 are using some custom firmware on the ones they sell that's screwed up MMS and maybe behind your other issues.
Please use plain text.
Sage
matthewleech

I had probs with MMS on Three in Ireland.

In the end a full reset with their sim inserted worked. I then learned not to do anything with the network settings, i.e. don't run Network Setup or tinker with the APN settings in the Diagnostic tool.  I also have not restored any backups, just started afresh.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
guilondon

I just can't open media contents received. What is the problem?
Please use plain text.
Sage
matthewleech

This problem is now solved for me.

The latest firmware (12070) and the latest Network Setup app (1.6.3.0) creates the correct APN settings (internally) for MMS and Data.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
helaker

But there's no Network Setup app in the marketplace any longer. As a result, I can't change my MMS settings. This sucks. 

Please use plain text.
Sage
matthewleech

Start Marketplace on your phone and then tap 'Nokia collection'

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Bluedanger

Does the latest SW update resolve also the issue of "Bing works through Wifi only, not 3G"??

And separate settings app for basic devices settings, OMG !!!!!

Please use plain text.