Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

my nokia lumia 520 askig for driver i can install ...

Counsellor
anilprajapati20

my nokia lumia 520 askig for driver i can install zune but askig for driver plz help

my nokia lumia 520 askig for driver i can install zune but askig for driver plz help

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Re: my nokia lumia 520 askig for driver i can install zune but askig for driver plz help

The 520 isn't compatible with the Zune software. Instead, you will need the Windows Phone app for desktop

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-GB/How-to/wp8/windows-phone-app-for-desktop

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
anilprajapati20

Re: my nokia lumia 520 askig for driver i can install zune but askig for driver plz help

not istalling on xp plz help me plz

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Maybe it's time for you to consider upgrading to Windows 7 or 8 because the Windows phone desktop application doesn't work with XP

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

Has to be Windows Xp SP3 with Media Player 10 and above, but you are getting error message for server edition.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.
jonno935

Hi i have similar problems. one of the driver does not instalproperly when i plug the phone into the pc.

Also, after installing the windows phone preview 3 software and trying to run it i get an error message. Can be seen here. http://imgur.com/IGerRoE

Any help muchly appreciated!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Windows Phone 8 uses MTP for media files transfer. While this is supported it is highly unstable and unreliable on XP, even in SP3 with Media Player 10 (Both must be installed for this to even work). Also Windows XP is known to have serious USB issues with certain hardware.

So yes, maybe it's time to move awayd from an ancient and near EOL OS and get WIN7 at least.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
aleisha11

jonno935 wrote:

Hi i have similar problems. one of the driver does not instalproperly when i plug the phone into the pc.

Also, after installing the windows phone preview 3 software and trying to run it i get an error message. Can be seen here. http://imgur.com/IGerRoE

Any help muchly appreciated!

Based on the error message, it seems there's an issue with your computer. It's best to contact Microsoft for further assistance. 

You can reach them through here: http://support.microsoft.com/

Final Banner
Please use plain text.
mlgardner

I am looking to deploy an app onto my 520 using the deployment tool from thwe windows phone sdk but it is asking me to open zune (which i have done but as we have discussed the 520 doesnt work with Zune but the windows phone software)

Is there a way i can us the deployment tool and the windows phone software or am i unable to do this with the 520? Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Oeltrotte

I cannot install a driver on my PC for my Nokia Lumia 520. Can anybody help me?

I would like to be able to use the PC Suite. It worked very well with my old Nokia E65.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Oeltrotte wrote:

I would like to be able to use the PC Suite. It worked very well with my old Nokia E65.

PC Suite isn't compatible with Windows Phone devices. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
malo55830

Oeltrotte wrote:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
malo55830

install nokia lumia 520 drives
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
garym11

[ Edited ]

anilprajapati20 wrote:

not istalling on xp plz help me plz

This error comes from trying to install the desktop on XP. This app is just for Win7 and 8.

All you can do with XP is to use windows explorer to move files back and forth from phone to PC. There is no sync available for XP

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
savithri

I had the same problem. upgrade your windows media player to version 11. It worked for me. 520 synchronizes easily
Please use plain text.