Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia Lumia 620 problems

Counsellor
xrashedx

nokia Lumia 620 problems

I bought Nokia Lumia 620 but there is some problems in this phone , first there is no radio fm , second I was think the store would be better than Android store but it didn't, third sometimes mobile turn off by itself (why) , if Nokia or windowsphone want to be the best , get some games and apps from Android such as temple run (free) , subway surface........

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: nokia Lumia 620 problems

Its been known the is no radio,the in this model,some research would of told you this.
There is an app called TuneIn Radio which is free.
Windows apps and games are growing very fast so just have some patience and reap the rewards.

If your having trouble try either a soft rest or hard reset these cure most issues.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cintwo

I have a Nokia Lumia 620 and a Nexus 7 tablet 32GB, I prefer windows for phones and android for fun, but this is just my opinion, basically because I want a phone to make phone calls and the Nokia quality is my favourite I always had Nokias, I think to be one of the most annoying loyal customer, but I have noticed that despite the android market is huge the windows market isn't too bad at all for games and apps...you can also get into the Nokia apps ..and first of all you have the maps! and drive! turn to turn offline, that can't be beated by the android :squint:

Please use plain text.
HASSANKAZMI514

hello! I got a new nokia lumia 620 5 days before. its all features are very good. but from last 2 or 3 days i mhaving a problem. the problem is that when ever imy fone detect a wifi and i tried to connect . my fone is hang and no work till i put out battery and insert again r. after 10 r 15 mints it byself restart . have u any solution for this problem.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate,

have you checked that you have the latest firwmare update for your device by going to Settings > Phone Update? also check that you are fully up to date with the latest Nokia system app updates from the Store.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Professor
garym11

xrashedx wrote:

I bought Nokia Lumia 620 but there is some problems in this phone , first there is no radio fm , second I was think the store would be better than Android store but it didn't, third sometimes mobile turn off by itself (why) , if Nokia or windowsphone want to be the best , get some games and apps from Android such as temple run (free) , subway surface........

The FM radio has never been included in the specs, don't know why would expect the phone to have it.
Temple Run is in the store, Subway Surfers will be here soon. Temple Run requires 1GB of ram to run. The 620 has 512MB of ram.

Here is a fact fron CNET about apps in the Android store :  Android store, 40% of the apps there are either infected with some kind of something, or, can gather personal information with out approval.

I would rather use the Windows Phone Store

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

The words fact and Cnet sound funny in the same sentence.. :smileywink:

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
udaya06

me too face same hanging problem in nokia 620. my mobile get hang when i am try to ON the WIFI or mobile internet.. Any solutions????

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jonathandxb

Hi I have a Nokia Lumia 620. It is currently dead, I tried to charge it but it just show the Nokia logo and it was not charging.. Please help.

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
musica

Hi Udaya06,

Does it only happen when you are trying to turn on the Wi-Fi or when you are using the Internet Explorer? Rebooting the phone is what I can suggest. Do not forget to remove the battery. You can also press the down volume and power keys together for 15 seconds until the phone vibrates and starts up. If this would fail, performing the other troubleshooting steps provided in this link is what I'd suggest: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2749480

Hi Jonathandxb,

How long have you been charging the phone? Please ensure that you are using a compatible Nokia charger to your Lumia 620.

Have you tried rebooting the phone? Do not forget to remove the battery and then replace it back. If this would fail, you can try to press the down volume and power keys together for 15 seconds until the phone vibrates and starts up.

If it failed to turn on, I'd advise to try using another charger or battery to further isolate the issue. If identified, it's best to send the accessory or the phone itself to a Nokia Care Point for assessment: http://www.nokia.com/global/support/locations/

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Sage
Martin520

garym11 wrote:
The FM radio has never been included in the specs, don't know why would expect the phone to have it.

I agree with your first point, it certainly isn't in the specs, but an FM radio is a fairly basic feature Nokia has included in phones for years.  My old feature phone has one, and new Lumias are much smarter than one of those, right?  Until I checked the specs, I fully expected the 520 and 620 would both have an FM radio.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
arhsagar

Hello I too have a Lumia 620.I recently noticed that there are two problems with the phone.One is that its battery heats up too fast when using apps.Secondly and the major problem is that it can not detect poor network.In my home mobile network is weakly available.With my previous nokia phone I was getting 2-3 bars.But Lumia 620 does 

not detect those signals.I get network only where signals are pretty high.Recently I read someone with Lumia 920 having the same problem.I reset the phone to no avail.Someone please help me.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ignious

Facebook App on my Lumia 620 has an issue even after all the updates installed. Whenever i try to SHARE anything on my wall,it says "Sorry, unable to share. This might b due to privacy settings of this post". However, i can share everything if i use fb via explorer.
i also wana know how shud i contact nokia officials abt this issue. Any help wud b highly appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jawadma

I am also having the same problem with facebook. "Sorry, unable to share. This might b due to privacy settings of this post". Needs to be rectified.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rajkumarmartha

Hi ,

Had bought new nokia lumia 620 and started using internet using wifi @home..it worked fine for sometime, had downloaded apps and done everything.. but suddenly after some time it stopped working.

Showing wifi status as connected, but unable to browse internet..

Please anyone help me .. how to resolve this issue...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

rajkumarmartha - Did you try again after rebooting the Phone and the WiFi Router as well ?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rajkumarmartha

Yes had done .. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

An you cannot surf anymore via Wi-Fi? Then you have to get the software of your Nokia refurbished through Nokia Care Centre.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Go to settings-->WiFi ..long press on your WiFi and Delete it ..Then re-setup and see if it works.. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rajkumarmartha

Had tried doing the same many times.. still the problem not resolved ... :smileysad:

Please use plain text.