Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Alphabet listing after the Cyan update.

Contributor
pipbull

nokia lumia 625 menu keeps changeing

[ Edited ]

my nokia lumia 625 menu keep changing when i download any ringtones app. its in alphabetorder

then for some reasons it goes like this

a

alarms

angry birds

app social

c

calculator

calendar

camera

d

data sense

f

and so on how do i change it back to the way it was its not a big dea lbut its my phone and i want it to be the way it was

without the letters standing out so i want to take any the letters any ideas i have wiped the ringtones app that caused it but it didnt go back to the way it was

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: nokia lumia 625 menu keeps changeing

The letters aren't caused by the ringtone app, they appear automatically once you've installed a certain number of apps. The only way not to have them is not to install lots of apps.

Personally I like them because I can touch a letter that opens an alphabetical grid that I can touch again to jump to the letter of the app I want. Far quicker than scrolling up and down once you have 50+ apps installed.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pipbull

Re: nokia lumia 625 menu keeps changeing

thanks for your answer i would prefer to be able to have it the way i like it but if i cant change it than i have no chioce bit unfair the only way to dea lwith it is to reset your phone.

im glad its not an app that has cause it are a virus

cheers

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
periwinkle28

Alphabet listing after the Cyan update.

Please use plain text.