Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: nokia lumia 800 colour choice: please help

nick18

nokia lumia 800 colour choice: please help

The new nokia lumia 800 is available to pre-order on the main page of the nokia website. Following the links it gets you to pick the contract you want and then takes you through to either the carphone warhouse website or the phones4u website to confirm the deal and pay... However neither of these websites allows you to pre-order the nokia lumia 800 in any colour other than black, even though the nokia website shows that you can buy it in black OR blue OR magenta. Will these two other colours be available to buy soon after the release of the phone, or am i just doing something wrong completely? please help!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

At the moment only black is available from UK retailers. Its expected that cyan will follow early to mid December with magenta arriving early next year. Whether retailers will choose to stock these colours is another question, one that only the individual retailer can answer.

Quite often retailers in the UK will only stock the main colour forcing people that want alternatives to buy from online retailers. Also its often only the retailers that sell sim free devices that sell them.

Its a case of wait and see to find out if this usual pattern of UK retailers playing it safe, or being boring, is repeated with the Lumia.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

From this morning Vodafone UK have made the cyan model available for pre-order:

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/mobile-phone/nokia-lumia-800-cyan
Please use plain text.
nick18

thankyou, that is a great help, im going to just have to continue waiting or enquire further though as i have my heart set on the phone in cyan on the orange 24 month contract sold from carphone warhouse: £36 a month, unlimited texts, 600 minutes, 0.75MB internet, and it comes with a free 4GB xbox 360- just have to wait for carphone warhouse to sell the phone in cyan

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
patriciaanne3

I bought black as the only colour available but I will buy different coloured covers. Black is always classy.

Please use plain text.
nick18

the contract i said about above that i have my eyes on seems to no longer exist? i notice the nokia website has been updated to say "buy now" rather than "pre-order now" and it still has all the same contracts listed, however when you click on any of the orange contracts with carphone warehouse it takes you through to their website and all the contracts are completely different, what is going on here? the contract i wanted now has an initial phone cost as well as a monthly fee and there is no free gifts with any of the contracts

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
patriciaanne3

Obviously network providers are a matter of choice. Personally I prefer png with any network and find voda give the best deal when travelling abroad from the uk.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
gilly1980

You wont get a free gift with phones such as Nokia Lumia 800, sorry. They only come with lower end phones.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

gilly1980 wrote:
You wont get a free gift with phones such as Nokia Lumia 800, sorry. They only come with lower end phones.

You might want to tell that to Orange.

http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/offers/nokia-lumia-800

At the moment the offer is only open to upgrade customers, a deal for new customers is coming in the near future.

Please use plain text.