Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: nokia lumia 800

chrisjb56
Accepted Solution

nokia lumia 800

How do I send a business card from my Nokia Lumia 800 ?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

[ Edited ]

Hi chrisjb56,

There is not an option within the Windows Phone OS to send a business card. You can however create a vCard and a picture business card (that is a jpg file).  

You can email this vCard to yourself and save the image to your pictures album to forward to people through email or text.

There are a couple of other ways you could do this:

• Save the contact information to a note in the OneNote notebook that you sync to your phone.  Then if you ever need to forward contact information about yourself (or someone else whose contact information you've saved in OneNote), you can open up the note and tap the Email icon on the bottom of the page.  This method works well for contacts that you know you'll want to have handy for this purpose.

• Another way you can send a Contact's address information directly from your Contacts is by opening up the Contact and tapping their address.  This will open up the Maps application.  Then if you tap their address (that will now be displayed in a black box on the map), you can tap the "share" icon on the bottom of the screen.  Then you can choose to text or email the address.

Hope this helps,

haZey

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Abison

Hi 

I have lumia 800... the problem of mine is different, i cannot recived the businees card by SMS. The sender receives the delivery confirmation. but lumia 800 shows nothing. i wont receive SMS or sound or anything..

What do you say about it?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

[ Edited ]

Sounds like Microsoft "forgot" to implement the Nokia Smart Messaging Specification and vCard support. Apple did the same with the iPhone.

Tough when 3 billion people with other kinds of phones (+1B using Nokia phones) already know how to send and receive contacts ("business cards") that way, but then a couple plaform manufacturers decide to ignore such a standard.

With Windows Phone, it is unfortunate that it hasn't been fixed even on Nokia's model, when Nokia is the one behind the whole standard and has supported it for close to 20 years in all their phones so far.

For now (unless Nokia or Microsoft fixes it), ask people to send their info not as "business cards", but just copy and paste their info to a regular text message.

Please use plain text.
Quinster

This is ridiculous - do Nokia ever read and take action on the posts in these forums? How can they miss of such a basic function as vCard from their new flagship winPhone!!

I have the same issue - can anyone from Nokia tell us what they are doing about it?? (I won't hold my breath).
Please use plain text.
Advisor
jasonteh

before u start shooting ppl please make some sense the OS is by microsoft not nokia.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
xnizalx

This thread is not Solved actually!

The current firmware on your Lumia 710/800 doesn't allow for internet tethering and also not possible via USB connection. Maybe in a future software update yes. By waiting maybe in a future, I just sold already my Lumia 710/800 . For me Phone Modem is one of most important phone features. I really regrets and headache bought this Lumia 710/800 . Now, I just switch back using my Samsung Galaxy Y to use wifi tethering and USB internet PC connection to make me keep online on PC big screen. Imagine Samsung Galaxy Y only RM4xx much more valuable than Nokia Lumia 710 with RM9XX

Better next time Nokia should alert this issues to keep away users from selling back thier Lumia.

http://www.mudah.my/li?fs=1&ca=8_s&th=1&q=nokia+lumia+800&cg=3020&w=3  Lumia 800

http://www.mudah.my/li?fs=1&ca=8_s&th=1&q=nokia+lumia+710&cg=0&w=3 Lumia 710

Make it useful device before sell to ppl out there. Update also must As Soon As Possible.

Nokia should be careful all this thing and never make mistake again or Samsung will take over on the top of all.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
anseio

In the marketplace, look for an app called Forward Contacts. It allows you to send contact info via SMS, email, or QR code.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
writemujtaba

no Bluetooth sharing , no me card slot, no mass storage connectivity, no internet sharing....

Its our golden feature of nokia we just want in nokia windows phone.

Please use plain text.
Adilentus

Hi guys! Can somebody help me with my Lumia 800?!((
Yesterday everithing was OK I just putted my phone into my pocket. After 5 minutes,when i took it from the pocket ,the screen was black a push unmlock button but nothing happened. tried to turn it off and turn it on but the screen iwas still black. i putted it on charge,again nothing and connect to PC notnigh happened(( I dessited to wait one day and today try to turn it on but the screen is still black,and there is not even vibration or sound just black screen(( Please help me((((
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
astra2025

[ Edited ]

@frustr8

Welcome to Nokia discussions board! 

We're sorry to hear about your disappointment regarding your device. Please feel free to provide further description on the issue you have encountered as the community may have a solution for it. 

We provide support for Nokia devices even when new updates become available or new devices are released on the market, so rest assured that we will continue to support Windows Phone 7 after the release of new updates. 

There are several ways you can get support for your device, if the forum cannot provide you with a solution. You may contact your local Careline or Nokia Care Point

Note that your device has a warranty (the lenght of your warranty depends on where you bought the phone). And if the issue if a manufacture fault, the repair will be covered by the warranty, subject to the warranty's terms and conditions. 

Press the 'Accept Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aliajas

The best way is to download an app called "Business card" from marketplace.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
alasdaircs

Nokia have an app in Marketplace called Contact Share which handles sending and receiving contacts as emails or SMS using vCard format. See http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/07/28/get-camera-extras-and-contact-share-for-your-nokia-lumia/ for more details.

HTH,

AlasdairCS

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mozzo87

how do I sign out from the yahoo mail on my nokia lumia 800

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

I presume you have set up your yahoo email account using the email client. You don't sign out as such. It is always there but you can set it to sync manually if you don't want it to sync automatically at regular intervals.

If you want to remove the account, you can delete it from Settings>email+accounts>longpress your yahoo account and delete.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
testlab_1

way to get around if you need to send just phone number is to go to contact list in you phone and tap the name, tap the pen to edit, tap the number and then copy icon. After that close contact and go short message and attach copied number to message field.  Glumsy but can be done pretty fast.

Please use plain text.
nabeel161

Hi hazey....!!!

two days ago i bought Nokia lumia 800. but i doesn't recieve any number in business card even downloaded your mentioned application "business Card" but still doesn't get any no in business card if anybody send me...please guide/help me. how this issue will solve?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
BareInk

Contacts share seems to works over Bluetooth only. Is there still no way to receive contacts by SMS?
Please use plain text.