Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia lumia 920 slow charging

kristdotm

nokia lumia 920 slow charging

Hi,

I bought a new micro usb cable to have as a spare to charge my lumia 920 but have found that any micro USB cable that I use apart from the one that came with the phone will take forever to charge. The original cable when plugged into the mains will charge the battery from 10% to 100% in under 3 hours, any other cable can take up to 12 hours.

I have a battery app installed that tells me the % of charge per hour. The original charger gives me about 38% an hour while my other cables only manage 8% an hour.

anybody else experience these problems while using other cables?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: nokia lumia 920 slow charging

Aftermarket OEMs might have a different amperage,if you your charging via pc your USB ports probably have different output capacity's.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Artmos

Hello, all!

Slow charging is good to preserve the baterry. If you must recharge the battery fast, use the Nokia´s recharger, but if you leave the cell recharging the entire night, use de slowest as possible recharging mode. It´ll recharge the entire battery anyway and will preserve it for more and more future recharging.

Other tip: use the battery to the extreme end, until the GOODBAY message and recharge it for more 30 minutes, after the full bettery icon on display. It´ll preserve the baterry´s life for much more time and rechargings.

Thanks.

Peter

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ugura

@Artmos your suggestions may be valid for Li-Ion batteries, but they are not suggested for Li-Polymer. For example, using a Li-Po battery to the extreme end will definitely shorten it's life.

The silence will fall
Please use plain text.