Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

nokia lumina 1020 commercial

Contributor
stuartpc

nokia lumina 1020 commercial

If Nokia would stop playing the commercial of the school play, and I didn't have to see the head butt or hear that painfully, makes me want to poke needles in my ears, music like 5000 times per evening while watching TV, then maybe I would actually consider buying one of these phones, but because at this point I do not think I have ever hated a commercial more, and by using the logic of 1 + 1 = 2, and simple transference, I now hate this product more than any product I have ever seen, or owned or even considered hating, and would never even consider owning this phone due to that commercial. I mean, come on, playing it on network TV like 50 times per night, and thats not even a made up number...I mean really...like REALLY??? Enough already. Whatever genius led you guys down this path and convinced you it was a good idea to oversaturate network TV with this commecial is obviously punking you and should be actually head butted repeatedly, and then locked in a closet for 2 days with that music playing from the commercial over and over, and then fired. STOP THE MADNESS!!! I am in the market for a new phone...it will not be the Nokia Lumina 1020, and will never be thanks to that commercial. Great call marketing department...ahem...no pun intended.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: nokia lumina 1020 commercial

I would think it rather strange that you base your purchasing decision of the 1020 purely on the fact that a commercial has been repeating. Take up the issue with your TV station.

On a more positive note, what is it about the 1020 that has you excited? We can help if you have any questions about the product.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Contributor
segana

If you can get past your dislike of the advert, you'll be doing yourself a favour. I got my Lumia 1020 yesterday and it is hands down the finest bit of kit I've ever owned. I come from using a Nokia Lumia 800, so the difference in OS and hardware is leaps and bounds for me, plus then add in the camera.

Really, its just an advert, don't let it put you off considering a great phone.
Proud Nokia Lumia 1020 (Yellow) Owner
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Got to love it when someone takes to a support forum to complain about a commercial :smileyvery-happy:

The Lumia 1020 is a great product, it's a shame a TV channel is ruining that for you by over-playing a commercial. Fortunately the same commercial isn't shown in all countries, some far better ones are being shown in other parts of the world.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
stuartpc

Its a national commercial playing on nationally televised broadcasts. The local station has nothing to do with national commercial placements during primetime tv broadcasts. I would think that would be common knowledge to a mobile sensei whatever the H E double hockey sticks that is. By the way, good idea not to address the concern but to spout the company line, and how would I know what the positives are with the product if I AM NOT GOING TO BUY IT?? sheesh...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
stuartpc

ummm...huh?? maybe you should change your name to non sequitor...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

You must lead such an interesting life to get this upset over a TV advert.

Complain to advertising standards or just suck it up and move on with your life. Not everything can please everyone and moaning about it here will achieve absolutely nothing.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
stevebarker11

Yes - you are right. That advert is repeated far too many times and will undoubtedly become the downfall of Lumia 1020 sales and maybe even Windows Phone itself.

And psychomania can't address your concern; this is a support website for Nokia devices & services.

But isn't the REAL reason here the fact that advertising has become so dominant in our lives that otherwise normal, rational people just like you are forced to vent their ire through calm, moderate discussion boards like this, and now that advertising is everywhere in our lives and the whole world has gone out of control what I want to know is: what are YOU prepared and able to do to help reduce the volume of advertising we all have to endure?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Could you please let me know which country you live in as I haven't seen any advertisement for the Lumia 1020 in the UK and I am extremely disappointed as I love the phone and Nokia and would love to see more advertising! Is the advert available on Youtube? Do you have a link? If not is it possible for you to record the advertisement and post it along with a link so I can view it.

Thank you for your contribution to the forum.

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Nothing else to do in life but complain over a TV ad, or is it a slow news day?

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
stuartpc

yikes...my bad. I didn't realize I was stumbling into a gathering of nokia stepford wives. I take back everything I said and I will now drink the kool aid....mmmmm, that's good. Oh, look at the pretty sky...it's so blue, and pretty, oh, and it's so blue...and did I mention pretty...there, everything is all better now. Nokia, what a cool name, and they make such great phones, and I love their commercials.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
stuartpc

you are right, I am just **bleep** off that I am not cool and don't get to tell all the girls online while I sit in front of my computer in my mom's basement that I am a mobile sensei...errr...overlord....errr...emperor...or whatever ascending order it goes in. Dang, I wish I knew that too...shucks, I am just not ever going to be a cool kid...like all of you are. Oh well, thanks for setting me straight, you sure have brightened my otherwise nonstop complaining about commercials day...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
paulallen

Re: nokia lumia 1020 commercial

I am here to complain about the Nokia Lumia 1020 commercial where the setting is the school play.  This is the first time I have ever complained about a commercial on a forum. I am 58. I think the violent tone of your commercial is appalling. All of it.  Especially the elderly woman giving the man a head butt. Isn't there enough violence in our society that we see on the news and read about constantly, and then Nokia decices we should watch an intentially violent commercial? I wouldn't buy a Nokia phone at this point because of your commercial. Why would I want to buy a phone from a company that thinks its all right to put out a commercial like yours? And then of course, we have to watch the commercial over and over again because it seems to be on every fifteen minutes. What the hell is wrong with our society...  It's bad enough that much of our entertainment in the way of shows and movies is based on the horrible, violent aspects of our socieity. And now Nokia shoves it at us in the way of their commercial.

Please use plain text.