Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

plz give me file manager for lumia 520

Counsellor
anilprajapati20
Accepted Solution

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: plz give me file manager for lumia 520

This will not be possible due to operating system restrictions.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

None exist as Microsoft does not allow that feature on it's operating system.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
anilprajapati20

plz tell me how to install *.xap file in lumia 520

and why file manager not supported by wp8

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

Only xap files from the store can be installed on the 520. Save them on the memory card and they will be installed from there. Xap files from alternative sources cannot be installed on standard devices.

See this link: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/How-to/wp8/apps/how-do-i-install-apps-from-an-sd-card

You need to ask Microsoft why they have chosen not to add a file manager to WP8. Personally I have no need for one as individual apps manage files themselves.

You can ask Microsoft here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vivektiwari007

Well... We will ask Microsoft that why file manager is not available... If they think they haven't added this feature because of security but the files are accessible if we connect phone to machine.

i believe that Microsoft will listen to nokia because you are business partners...

if i try to download some content from messaging service, everything comes in photos which is quite awkward.

but we can the directory using machine then what kind security is left with this OS.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sumpumdit

No file manager no business phone, must be their marketing to first time feature phone buyers
Please use plain text.
Contributor
simply_prem

Even i face similar problem.. When i tried to upload a pdf file to skydrive the app only allows to upload photos... If you download any pdf file then try to open it later you can not do so, since you do not have any file explorer to locate ur file. U hv to download the file again amd open it from mail only.... Very poor file management.....
Please use plain text.