Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: problem back cover letters lumia 710

radu175

problem back cover letters lumia 710

Hello i have a lumia 710 which is in warranty, but the back cover letters from slogan "NOKIA"  detached.Only letter "O" detached but it beggins and "N". I went to the service, and they told me that the warranty does not cover the back cover but on the website Nokia wrote that design elements are being covered. "Nokia warrants to you that during the warranty period Nokia or a Nokia authorized service company will in a commercially reasonable time remedy defects in materials, design and workmanship free of charge by repairing or, should Nokia in its absolute discretion deem it necessary, replacing the Product in accordance with this Limited Warranty (unless otherwise required by law). "

What do you think guys?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Unfortunately the warranty doesn't cover "wear and tear" which is what has happened to your phone. It's not a defect of the design of the phone, it's wear and tear.

Please use plain text.
radu175

But is an element of design which had began to peel off without reason since I haven't droped the phone and there are no scratches. What are the elements of design in your opinion or what nokia refers to  ??

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

radu175 wrote:

But is an element of design which had began to peel off without reason since I haven't droped the phone and there are no scratches. What are the elements of design in your opinion or what nokia refers to  ??

As far as I'm aware a design fault would be something that impeded the functionality of the phone. Think Apple and the "antennagate" affair whereby the design of the phone caused a loss of signal if the phone was held "incorrectly". Another example would be dust entering the device and getting under the screen and affecting the proximity sensor or the front facing camera because of the design of the phone.

Your particular issue is cosmetic and doesn't prevent the phone from being used as intended. I do understand where you're coming from and it must be annoying to have the Nokia logo coming off but unfortunately, I can't see Nokia fixing it under the phones warranty.

Please use plain text.