Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: "Application not available" for every applicat...

Registered Member
IainM

"Application not available" for every application I try to download

I'm hoping this is an easy one...

I have a Lumia 710 with the latest software. I reinstalled the OS on my laptop, and reinstalled Zune. I connected my Lumia and change the sync partnership type from Guest and everything looked OK.

Since then, when I connect to the App Marketplace and irrespective of what application I select, I get the message "Application not available. This might be because your phone software needs to be updated..." message.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Iain

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Re: "Application not available" for every application I try to download

If you go to Microsoft store on your PC and you sign in with your Microsoft account you should be able to select apps and install them to the phone without the need of Zune. If this works and you can also install apps directly on your phone I'd contact Microsoft Store Support for further assistance.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
IainM

I'll try installing via my PC, and contact Microsoft Support if necessary.

Thanks a lot for replying.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
IainM

I still haven't had a chance to try via my laptop (Christmas shopping/young family, etc), but, I happened to try again today, and everything is working again! No changes to the phone at all. Mysterious...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Microsoft were having issues with their Marketplace. Nothing to do with your phone or settings at all. It has probably been resolved by the sounds of it. 

Please use plain text.