Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

"Transfer My Data" application in Nokia Lumia 920 ...

Manra
Accepted Solution

"Transfer My Data" application in Nokia Lumia 920 not working with a Nokia Lumia 900

I upgraded from a Nokia Lumia 900 to a Nokia Lumia 920. When I try to use the Transfer my Data application to transfer my text messages from Lumia 900 to Lumia 920 the Bluetooth connection on Nokia Lumia 900 fails with an error Not supported. Bottom line the Lumia 900 is unable to make a successful Bluetooth connection with my Lumia 920.

I'm not sure if this is a problem with Lumia 900 or Lumia 920.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: "Transfer My Data" application in Nokia Lumia 920 not working with a Nokia Lumia 900

All the L900 contacts should already be in the cloud (Microsoft account or another account), so you will get them once you add that account to 920 - no need to manually transfer contacts.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Manra

Re: "Transfer My Data" application in Nokia Lumia 920 not working with a Nokia Lumia 900

I don't' care about the contacts. I got all of them back from my Live account. I am interested in trasnferring my text messages from Lumia 900.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Not possible, unless you perform the cumbersome task of copying the text from the messages to OneNote and then uploading it to SkyDrive.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rassoodock

There are some limitations, but It *is* possible to transfer text messages from the Lumia 900 to the Lumia 920!!  Please make sure you have Transfer my Data 2.2 installed.  Version 2.1 did not supported Windows Phone 7 transfer.  If you have trouble connecting, please follow carefully the instructions in the error note about deleting the pairing and re-pairing the device.

adrianhughes wrote:
Not possible, unless you perform the cumbersome task of copying the text from the messages to OneNote and then uploading it to SkyDrive.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

thanks for the update Rassoodock, yeah i heard that was happening, another user reported that a week or so back. Am glad to hear the transition process is getting easier for everyone to get over to the excellent experience that WP8 provides! :smileyhappy:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Manra

Thanks @rassoodock.

The version 2.2 did transfer the text messages from my Nokia Lumia 900 running Windows Phone 7 to Nokia Lumia 920 running Windows Phone 8. However, it didn't trasnfer all of them. Is there a limit of 500 messages only? That's what I got to see when it discovered them on my Lumia 900. I was disappointed to see that it didn't transfer my sent messages, too.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

Don't know how it works..but, Did you try deleting the already transferred messages from the Old phone and running the application again to see if the NEXT 500 messages get transferred ..??

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
jekiboi20

Please use plain text.