Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: regarding lumia 610

Registered Member
tamilsibi

regarding lumia 610

Hi I have bought new Nokia lumia 610.in that I can't set my own ringtones.plz help me how to set and I want to know how to see in built memory card option.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

You can use your own ringtones so you can match your jingle to your mood, or match just the right tune to your contacts. See how to make your own ringtone on Nokia Support Videos. Follow the instructions on the video.
To add a ringtone to your phone
Connect your phone to the computer with a USB cable that came in the sales package with your Lumia.
Open the Zune software, navigate to Collection > Music.
Find the song you want to turn into a ringtone.
Right-click the sound file, and then click Properties.
Make sure that the sound file fits the criteria into a ringtone (Media type, length, size and DRM status).
Right-click the file, and then click Edit.
On the Song Info tab, under Genre, type Ringtone, then click OK.
Once finished, sync the sound file to your phone.
If you don't have the Zune software on your computer, please download and install it from http://www.zune.net.
To use a ringtone on your phone
On Start, swipe left to the App list, then tap Settings > Ringtones+sounds.
Tap on the Ringtone, then find the new sound file you just added.
A sound file criteria into a ringtone:
In MP3 or WMA format.
Less than 40 seconds.
Less than 1 MB.
Not protected with digital rights management (DRM).
On a Mac, use iTunes to assign the genre.
Open iTunes.
Find the file you want to edit, and then click File > Get Info.
On the Song Info tab, under Genre, type Ringtone, then click OK.
Open the Windows Phone Connector for Mac, connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable, and then sync the file to your phone.
Note: You need to assign the genre Ringtone in English, even if you are using a different language on your computer or your phone.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
LanceD

Hi, I have a question regarding the calendar of my 610. 

How do I make my contact's birthdays appear on my calendar? I was wondering why there is an option to choose colors for the birthdays but none of my contact's birthdays appear in the calendar. 

Thanks! 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
nhow

I followed all the directions for using my own ringtone.  Cut down a tune to 38 secs.  It is much smaller than 1 mb and has no DRM.  I gave it a genre type of ringtone.  It synced onto my phone with Zune and shows up as being in the phone through Zune on my PC.  However, when I look for it on the phone it isn't in My Music and doesn't show up as a ringtone on the list in settings.  Don't know what else to do.  Any suggestions?  This has taken me hours and doesn't work.

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

[ Edited ]

@LanceD

Welcome to Nokia Forum!

If you have accounts that has calendars on it, for example, your Hotmail account, when you set it up on the phone, calendar entries should also appear. For other accounts, you need to make sure to synchronise, not only emails, but calendars and contacts as well.  As for the colors, you can customize it under Calendar>Settings.

@nhow,

I tried it myself and I was able to see the ringtone. Have you tried other tones, just to isolate the case? 

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
nhow

Thanks for your suggestion.  Since posting I have figured out what went wrong.  Apparently, you must enter Ringtone in the genre field with a capital R.  Otherwise, the phone doesn't recognize it.  I have now been able to successfully install my own ringtone and it works fine.  Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
clambert12

please can someone tell me how you reduce a song so that it can be used as a rinntone thank you

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
nhow

You need to download an audio editor like Audacity (free).  Load your song and cut it down to less than 40 secs.  Then save it and drag it into Zune.  Specify the genre as a Ringtone (as was suggested above).  Make sure you use a capital R when you enter Ringtone as the genre.  When you sync with your phone you should be able to find your tune in the list of ringtones available in your settings.  Good luck.

Please use plain text.
Moonchild7

A huge thanks Jimmyireland for the really helpful reply to this question! I've had my Lumia 610 for one year and I'm now able to add new ringtones, wish I'd spotted your post sooner! Now if I could just figure out how to do the same for text message tones I'll be happy :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.