Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

the "email+accounts" issue for Lumia 520

Contributor
marcchen

the "email+accounts" issue for Lumia 520

[ Edited ]

*In "email+accounts" settings, instead of establishing the Microsoft account (such as the attached file 1.jpg with the account-name ********** user uses the attached file 2.jpg's menu to set up office-365 account with the same account name *********. Is it okay?

The user has this concern due to the later one supporting extra option "manually" to choose, but the former one "only" options are "as items arrive, every 15 minutes, every 30 minutes, hourly, and daily"

Moderator's note: We removed the email addresses and attachments in the message. Posting of personal information in the Nokia Support Discussions is not allowed.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

Re: the "email+accounts" issue for Lumia 520

If this is the main Microsoft account it must be set up as such, if this is an additional account just choose Add account > Outlook and enter credentials there.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
marcchen

Thanks paulheu for your answer.

Does you mean that the account-name listed near-below the "Microsoft account" characters is what you mention the main Microsoft account regardless if i use the office 365 to set up an account that also is listed near-below the main Microsoft account?

Sorry to confirm it again, because i am afraid that finally i have to enter the "about" menu to "rest your phone".

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ugura

Microsoft account is the main account as mentioned by paulheu and windows phone store uses this account, contacts are stored in this account. And if you wish, you can use this account as a mail account on your phone. 

If you do not wanna sync emails for this account, go to Settings->email+accounts, tap the Microsoft Account and then uncheck the Email option in Content to sync section. After that, you can add the same account as Outlook account and select manually option for that account.

The silence will fall
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

marcchen wrote:

Does you mean that the account-name listed near-below the "Microsoft account" characters is what you mention the main Microsoft account regardless if i use the office 365 to set up an account that also is listed near-below the main Microsoft account?

If you want to use the Microsoft account used to register the the phone with to also register Office 365 you can just do so at the office 365 page. The phone will then allow you to open documents in Office from Office 365. No need to add another specific Office 365 account.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ugura

paulheu wrote:

If you want to use the Microsoft account used to register the the phone with to also register Office 365 you can just do so at the office 365 page. The phone will then allow you to open documents in Office from Office 365. No need to add another specific Office 365 account.

If I didn't get it wrong, OP wants to have "manual" email sync option for the microsoft account, but that's not possible. The only work around I've found is in my previous post.

The silence will fall
Please use plain text.
Contributor
marcchen

Could you give more clear explanation?

*Using ****@outlook.com account as a main Microsoft account, its “Download new content” couldn’t sync the account’s calendar, people list, right?

*Could you suggest me a main Microsoft account whose only job is letting windows phone store could admit, then I use the office 365 page to set up an additional account which can manually choose whether email, contacts, calendar, and tasks to sync or not?

Thanks for your patient.

Have a great day, marcchen

Please use plain text.