Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: trouble connecting my lumia 920 to my nokia su...

mathman81
Accepted Solution

trouble connecting my lumia 920 to my nokia suite ( v3.6.36)

my new lumia will not connect to my nokia suite? does anyone know why this happens and how to resolve it.

thank you

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: trouble connecting my lumia 920 to my nokia suite ( v3.6.36)

Because they are not compatible with each other ...

Straghtway connect it to PC and thru' Windows Explorer or the WindowsPhone interface that comes up you will be able to browse the files ..

Check this ..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

To add, you can also download the Windows Phone application for Windows 7 from Microsoft, and the Windows Phone application for Windows 8 from the Windows 8 Store. They both enable simple copying, syncing and viewing of your device's images, music and videos, in a quite attractive format.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Here is link for Windows Phone app for Desktop Beta for both Windows 7 & 8:http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/windows-phone-app-for-desktop

If you run this application before connecting your 820/920 you at least get to se the approriate drivers installed.

920 USB

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Lumiaviv

Cannot sync calender, sms, notes using windows 8 application.

Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi mathman1, Nokia Lumia 920 is not supported in Nokia Suite. You can use for example Windows Explorer to transfer files with Nokia Lumia 920 and your PC. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
garym114

I suggest you use the desktop software to sync the phone and move files back and fourth instead of explorer. You can select files to move to the phone from the libraries on the PC.

The sync software will do it correctly. Example; In the phones music folder there are folders for artist, albums and a folder, by artist and album that contain the mp3 files. The first two, artist and albums just contain a list of what is on the phone, no music data. If you drag and drop the music does not get registered properly and there is no listing in the artist album folders for what you dropped.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
whitelotus

Okay, so Nokia Suite does not work with Nokia Lumia 920 (I can't even think of a comment that is more ludicrous than just letting that statement stand on its own). I've downloaded the Microsoft WP 8 app, so how do I now use my phone as a modem? I had no trouble using my E7 this way, and I asked on this board before purchasing the Lumia whether it would work this way, and the replies were 100% to 0% that it would. Thoughts and comments? Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

not sure if the tethering option is there as of yet, WhiteLotus, but you know that you can go to Settings > Internet Sharing, to make your phone into a mobile hotspot that other devices can connect to over WiFi.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Miceman

...gee, I'm beginning to wonder at the merit of ths 920 purchase.

So many useful actions that were possible with the 97 mini + Ovi Suite and now?

Having to re-navigate the mind around Windows psychy, narrow thinking and locked out actions such as no ability to add one's own personal sound byte for message alerts.

Is there anything else this phone is not allowed to do?

Virtual "big brother" windows style I guess...........

Ultimately, it's my mistake for buying by brand and not exercise.

Pity.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
al_and_his_920

Miceman wrote:

...gee, I'm beginning to wonder at the merit of ths 920 purchase.

So many useful actions that were possible with the 97 mini + Ovi Suite and now?

Having to re-navigate the mind around Windows psychy, narrow thinking and locked out actions such as no ability to add one's own personal sound byte for message alerts.

Is there anything else this phone is not allowed to do?

Virtual "big brother" windows style I guess...........

Ultimately, it's my mistake for buying by brand and not exercise.

Pity.

I'm with you... Nokia should have called this a Lumia Apple... I bought this phone and now I want to configure it MY WAY... I don't want a Microsoft or Nokia tech limiting my use of this device... my relationship with AT&T is for COMMUNICATIONS... I bought the phone for OTHER THINGS (contacts management, e-reading, etc.)... bad mistake... now awaiting BlackBerry Q10 release in USA... I may simply eat the price of this Nokia brick and call it an "expensive learning experience"

Please use plain text.
Contributor
badurski

spot on ... its so sad that it seems that my old Nokia N8's Symbian Anna/Belle had more features than the 920 ... a lot of money thrown in the drain :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hung1

Hi, anyone come up with a way to sync outlook calendar with their Lumia yet?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dk_alzain

hi my friend, i installed this software on my w7 laptop...i  open it and connect my lumia 920 nothing happened exept charging the phone

Dk Alzain
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
outlook2013

Hi,

I have a Nokia L920 and a Pc running Win7 sp#1 and its seems that Nokia PCsuite doesn't work at all.error is as follow: enable to identify the device

Same Problem with Win8 64b. I tryed yesterday

I am also unable to synch mail\contact\ between Outlook 2013 and L920 on PC running Win7

No solution

Nokia Suite was working fine with my old Nokia 6730:Huh:c and outlook 2013.

Please Mr NOKIA could you help us

jp

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Please read the thread before posting, specifically message 6.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Venda

Hi there,

I connect my Lumia directly with PC (usb cable or bluetooth) and then I just browse the content, copy and paste or transfer files.

Please use plain text.
ptcardwell

Sign into Outlook.com and it will sync your calendar.  You might also have to add an Outlook,com email account to the Nokia 920 to.

Please use plain text.