Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: unlocked Rogers Lumia 920 for use on T-Mobile ...

Counsellor

unlocked Rogers Lumia 920 for use on T-Mobile network in the U.S......

[ Edited ]

I have a couple of questions for those on T-Mobile who do have the unlocked Rogers Lumia 920 on T-mobile's network.

1. I know the unlocked Rogers Lumia 920 will be able to use T-Mobile's HSPA+ but would the phone also be able to use T-Mobile's LTE network?

2. Considering the phone would be an unlocked Rogers variant, if there were to be an update for the phone, from where would I receive the update? Obviously I wouldn't be getting an OTA update from Rogers. Just wondering how I would go about updating the phone if need be, unsure if the update would be available for download directly either from Microsoft or Nokia.

3. Warranty issues. Would I be able to contact NOKIA USA about any issues under warranty with the Rogers variant? Or would I be SOL since it's from Canada?

I am thinking of getting the unlocked Rogers Nokia Lumia 920 from negri-electonicrs since the price is way down now. I was going to get the Lumia 810 but since T-Mobile opted to not open up the LTE band on it and has prematurely reached an end of life I am no longer interested in the phone. Also I know some have talked about the Catwalk but that doesn't seem it will be out at all for T-mobile since the 928 variant seems to be just for Verizon.

Any help and answers to these questions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!!

Please use plain text.
davidzr21

Re: unlocked Rogers Lumia 920 for use on T-Mobile network in the U.S......

hi, I'm in the same problem, maybe do you have received any answer?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

Re: unlocked Rogers Lumia 920 for use on T-Mobile network in the U.S......

ludawg94 wrote:

I have a couple of questions for those on T-Mobile who do have the unlocked Rogers Lumia 920 on T-mobile's network.

1. I know the unlocked Rogers Lumia 920 will be able to use T-Mobile's HSPA+ but would the phone also be able to use T-Mobile's LTE network?

IT DOESNT USE THEIR LTE PERSAY, BUT YOU WILL GET FAST SPEEDS ON THE HSDPA+ ON THE 1900MHZ.  SINCED THE BUYOUT OF METRO, THEY HAVE BEEN ROLLING OUT MUCH IN THAT SPACE AND MY SERVICE HAS INCREASED DRAMATICALLY!

2. Considering the phone would be an unlocked Rogers variant, if there were to be an update for the phone, from where would I receive the update? Obviously I wouldn't be getting an OTA update from Rogers. Just wondering how I would go about updating the phone if need be, unsure if the update would be available for download directly either from Microsoft or Nokia.

MOST OF THE TIME, AT LEAST IN USA, THE CARRIERS DO NOT DO TOO MANY FIRMWARE UPDATES AS IF YOU HAD A FACTORY UNLOCKED DEVICE WOULD.  SO MOST OF THE UPDATES YOU NEED FOR THE NOKIA DEVICE WILL STILL COME THROUGH THE STORE.  IF YOU WANT TO CHECK FOR THE NOKIA SPECIFIC UPDATES, YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE LUMIA pusher APPLICATIONS AND MANUALLY CHECK FOR THOSE UPDATES.

3. Warranty issues. Would I be able to contact NOKIA USA about any issues under warranty with the Rogers variant? Or would I be SOL since it's from Canada?

THE WARRANTY IS VOID IN THE USA.  EVEN IF YOU CALLED THE NOKIA CARE LINE, ONCE THEY KNEW IT WAS A CANADIAN DEVICE FOR ROGERS THEY WOULD NOT HELP YOU.  THEY WOULD MOST LIKELY INFORM YOU TO CONTACT ROGERS OR NOKIA SERVICE CENTER IN CANADA.

I am thinking of getting the unlocked Rogers Nokia Lumia 920 from negri-electonicrs since the price is way down now. I was going to get the Lumia 810 but since T-Mobile opted to not open up the LTE band on it and has prematurely reached an end of life I am no longer interested in the phone. Also I know some have talked about the Catwalk but that doesn't seem it will be out at all for T-mobile since the 928 variant seems to be just for Verizon.

YOU COULD WAIT FOR THE 925, LOOKS TO BE A SMASHING DEVICE THAT IS GOING TO BE RELEASED ON TMOBILE LATER THIS YEAR.  SAVE UP NOW!

Any help and answers to these questions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!!

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.