Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: updated lumia 800 to 7.10 with firmware 1750.0...

toni78

updated lumia 800 to 7.10 with firmware 1750.0823.8858.12460 but nothing has changed!

Hi, can anyone help please?

I had message to update my nokia 800 so i did. I installed all 10 of the updates until was told updates were completed, took about 20mins. Phone shows OS version 7.10.8773.98 & firmware 1750.0823.8858.12460 but no features seem to have changed, i cannot do anything that the Nokia update page describes. I have tried to force update (as others have been suggested to try) to see if I missed something when updating but still says no updates. 

Any ideas would be welcome.

Cheers in advance. Toni :confused:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Re: updated lumia 800 to 7.10 with firmware 1750.0823.8858.12460 but nothing has changed!

Do we really need umpteen of the same messages.. Please refer to the guidelines;

The Basics

Just ask. The boards are here for you. If you don’t understand something, there are plenty of registered users and moderators who can help out. Regardless of whether you’re a beginner or an expert, your questions and input are valid and appreciated.

Know the golden rules of posting:

1. Search before you post. If you are looking for an answer to a specific question, there’s a good chance that it has already been posted. First try a search using likely keywords. You can search from the whole forum (select "Community") or from within a certain area (select "Board").

So start by entering the version number in the searchbox and see what comes up is what I suggest..

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
toni78

Re: updated lumia 800 to 7.10 with firmware 1750.0823.8858.12460 but nothing has changed!

I am not a total moron! I did spend about an hour looking for a solution before posting but nothing seemed to fit my problem exactly...lots of suggest things that I have already tried! If you have any other ideas I would be grateful. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

I don't know where you looked, but there's about four threads in the last day or so asking the same question.

Update is multiple parts

You need all parts

You did not install 10 updates, the update process is a 10 step procedure

There are at least three updates to complete.

MSFT just a day or so ago relased another update so you could well see a fourth.

The original 7.8 OS update was version 7.10.8858.x

The first fix released 14 March was to 7.10.8860.x

The current OS version is 7.10.8862.x

The current  Nokia Firmware version is 1753.823.8858.x

If you do not have these versions (see settings/about/more information) then you have more updates coming

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
toni78

Thanks for that, that made more sense than the forum messages that I read yesterday. There was only 1 update available to me with the 10 parts so will just wait for other updates then.

Please use plain text.