Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: utf8 nokia lumia 710

Registered Member
pravin123

utf8 nokia lumia 710

I can not open local news paper's website www.sandesh.com Unicode 8 language problem. I can not install Gujarati or Hindi fonts.
Please use plain text.
Sage
7thSense

Unfortunately all languages are not supported in Windows Phone 7.x. Much better support is coming in Windows Phone 8 (although that version will not run on the Lumia 710). Hope this helps!

Microsoft Windows Phone MVP
Follow me on Twitter: @ThisIsMetro

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

As Internet Explorer 9 on your Lumia has CSS3 support it will be able to uses embedded fonts if this is correctly setup by the website developer. In this case you might want to contact the site administrator and inquire if it would be possible to have this done. If so you will have no problem viewing the site on your Lumia.

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ussd

Please add Gujarati local language font to WP 7.8 version on website.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

hi mate,

it is impossible to add any additional languages to handsets running WP 7.5/7.8, only WP8 has support for other languages.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.