Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: video problems

Advisor
ihawxs
Accepted Solution

video problems

I am now the very happy owner of a lumia 820 and i too love the phone,

only after exploring it and then trying the video the video seems to have a few issues, firstly sometimes when i shoot some footage and then stop recording that footage just disappears and the phone goes back to start screen, secondly if it actually does record the playback is awful really broken and missing large chunks, thirdly it seems to take a bloody age to upload to sky drive if at all. I too am using an sd card 8gb i wondered if the sd card was knackered so i tried storing videos to the phone memory but that didn't make any difference. Any ideas??. Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate,

have you ensured that you have all the latest Nokia system apps from the Store installed? have you also tried performing a soft reset (pressing the volume down and power buttons together until the phone vibrates)? I would also try recording again with the microSD card removed from the phone. bear in mind that anything above class 6 for the microSD card is overkill and is not required.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ihawxs

Hi thanks for reply. First thing i did was to check for any updates all ok there. Went on to do a soft reset, joy. Removed 8gb sd card, no joy. Inserted 2gb sd card and after 3 master resets all is Well with the camera. Although now i have an intermittent fault with the home buttons they work fine but only seem to illuminate when they feel like it.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ihawxs

Oh And why is anything over 6gb card considered over kill? Just for reference. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ihawxs

Hmm it appears that its the 8gb card that is the problem, after inserting my 2gb card everything was fine so I swapped back to the 8gb card to see what happens and hey presto,slow jerky broken recordings and slow uploads, don't ask me why this happens but if anyone does know?.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

i meant class 6, which refers to the data read/write speeds of the memory card. is hard to tell on cards, but you can hold the back of a memory card up to a light and you should be able to see a faint 2,4,6 etc.

In future, you would need to get a reputable card such as from manufacturer SanDisk, and ensure that it is either class 4, class 2 etc. There have been users with class 10 cards and they have reported problems with the cards, but class 2/class 4 seem to be just fine.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dieseldawg

I'm having this problem intermittently, both with and without SD card. Have a 32gb sandisk class 4, works fine most of the time.  Have lost some great videos of my 18 month old, am very annoyed and would like a response from Nokia about this as I am not using the phone for videoing any more until it's fixed

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate,

have you followed the advice above and tried performing a soft reset to see if that solves the issue? also check that you are up-to-date with all the latest Nokia system app updates in the Store. failing that, you can try performing a hard reset (Settings > About > Reset your phone). bear in mind that a hard reset wipes everything, so please backup all your personal data to PC and / or online storage first.

failing all of the above, you will need to take your phone back to your point of purchase, or if they are being less than helpful, to your local Nokia Care for inspection: http://nokia.com/support
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dieseldawg

done everything except a hard reset, have found that when i want to video something i have to take a quick video first. this gets lost in the system and the phone goes back to the home screen and i just open up the camera again then it works fine. annoying if i want to video a UFO or something that you don't get a second chance at

Please use plain text.