Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

which phone is better lumia 520, 620, 720 ?

Counsellor
mittalarpit1
Accepted Solution

which phone is better lumia 520, 620, 720 ?

which phone is better lumia 520, 620, 720. Moreover when 520 and 720 will launched in India and when was 620 was launched & available in india.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cintwo

Re: which phone is better lumia 520, 620, 720 ?

Hello, I have a lumia 620 and I love it, it's a bit smaller than the 720 but I prefer a small size phone so for me it's ok, I didn't see many differences between the 620 and the 720, even if it's 1Ghz it's very fast, I like the build and the shell colors ... :smileyhappy: Windows 8 is the same in both, so it's missing a bit you have less options than other OS but it's quite nice, very light and fast. The bluetooth is working now you can pair with android, symbians, pc...the only thing I am not happy with are contacts management but that's the same for all the phones you mentioned

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

[ Edited ]

You can compare the three here

Basically the 520 has a slightly larger screen(4inch) than te 620(3.8inch), but misses some hardware like compass and front facing camera, it also has a few Bluetooth profiles missing.  The screen is a normal TFT without the Nokia Clearblack technology.

For the price difference I would take the 620 any day, but that may be different for you. It's good you have a choice here.

The 720 has a slightly larger screen again (4.3inch), no clearblack technology, but it does have Gorilla Glass which the other two don't and has a slightly higher mp camera (6.7 vs 5 mpix) and a better frontfacing camera with a wider viewing angle then the 620. It's again missing some Bluetooth profiles the 620 does have. The 720 also has a bigger battery when compared to the other two. It is said the 720 has the same.

Between the three I like the 620 best but then again I might be slightly biased .. :smileywink:

The 620 should be available now, no information yet on when the 520/720 may be..

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

All of them.
You have an excellent choice and price range to pick the 620 is super value for money and you cant go wrong.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
nikhil86

It all depends on your budget & requirements buddy... Processor, RAM are same in all these 3...

Lumia 520 - Entry level phone, costs < $200 (INR 10,500), No front camera, 4" screen, super-sensitive touch, No gorilla glass, No stereo speakers, Said to have a better camera than the 620

Lumia 620 - costs around $270 (INR 15,000), Front camera, Has removable battery & NFC, smallest screen among all lumias - 3.8", Has stereo speakers, Has removable back covers (optional extra) so good for those who want to change the look of their device periodically

Lumia 720 - will cost around $325-360 (INR 18,000-20,000), 1.3 MP wide-angle front camera, unibody design, gorilla glass protection, super-sensitive touch, thinnest lumia (9 mm), 4.3" screen, clearblack display, no stereo speakers, a stunning camera second only to the Lumia 920, esp. for low-light imaging, Great for those for whom camera is a major factor...

So now you can decide which one you want according to your budget & your expectation from the phone... My first choice would have been the Lumia 720 if only Nokia had configured it with 1 GB RAM (instead of just 512 MB RAM)... 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mittalarpit1

how much your phone 620 has battery backup??

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

[ Edited ]

I get about 36-40 hours out of a charge on my 630. I have mobile data, location and WiFi always on, have three mail accounts and I think about 10 apps with push notifications turned on.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

nikhil86 wrote:

Lumia 620 - costs around $270 (INR 15,000), Front camera, Has removable battery & NFC, smallest screen among all lumias - 3.8", Has stereo speakers, Has removable back covers (optional extra) so good for those who want to change the look of their device periodically

The 620 doesn't have stereo speakers but it does have very loud and good quality audio.

Please use plain text.
fayad

[ Edited ]

The Lumia 720 does have clearblack display. Check here: http://www.nokia.com/global/products/phone/lumia720/specifications/

And Lumia 620 is using the same speakers as Lumia 920, and they are not stereo speakers.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
raj649

go for 720
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Deepaks43

Got this review of Lumia 720 at flipkart.com..an online shopping website in India..how much of this is true??
i intend to buy a 720 but this...

"I hate neither Windows 8 nor Nokia. But I really do hate their combination - Nokia Lumia 720. I own this phone for more than a month and now I really want to get rid of this. I want to dicuss only the cons of this phone, as all the pros (if there is any) will be ignored with the intensity of the cons.

1. No dedicated folder structure. Nothing like a "Gallery" or "My Files". So there is no question of copying files from one folder to another because there is no folder at all.

2. Its true than you can use a external memory card. But the only action you can perform on the files in your memory card is delete. No copy , paste or even "Rename". If you have to do any of these you have to connect the phone to a Computer.

3. Yes, Bluetooth is there. But you cannot rename your bluetooth. Ok fine. What is there in a name! But what happens to the files you recieve via bluetooth. If you are lucky, you will find them in your "Saved Pictures" . But in most the cases you wont see your recieved files at all.

4. You cant download a video file. Its true that there are you tube downloader applications. But you can view these videos only within these apllications . You cant save them to your SD card. Some may ask what is the big issue in it. But guys, these video applications use the phone's internal storage memory and eventually the phone begins to hang.

5. The most funny thing I found in this phone is "File multiplication". Suppose you took a photograph or downlaoded a music file today. Tommorrow you can see 2 copies
of it in your phone. The next day 3, then 4 and so on. But if you delete any one of these, all will be gone Dont think that any virus has affected my phone. Bacuse form day 1 its so.

(Combining points 4 and 5 together and a previous comment. Somebody said its possible to download videos using UC browser. First thing , UC Browser for windows itself is a piece of **bleep**. It hangs every 1 minute. Second, if you download a video and export it your phone, sometimes it gets exported and sometimes not. If luckily it got exported, it begins to multiply as I said in point 5)

6, The battery. With the internet and all the background tasks OFF, and with no live tiles on the home screen, the maximum time I got with the battery is 11 hours. If i turn all features on, it drains in 5-7 hours.

7. You cannot open the PDF or .txt files present in your SD card. Only those PDF files you download via internet can be opened. Again you cannot PDFs you download in your SD card.

8. Applications can be saved to phone only, not in SD card.

9. I still dont know what is happening to my internal memory and what is occupying it. Anyway its full now. And only thing I could do is to uninstall the present applications.

10. These comments are from my experience for more than a month. Today I dont have this phone to experience not bacause I sold it, but because its dead now. For any other phone you can try removing the battery, re-inserting it and restarting. But what can you do with this internal battery?????

Again I want to tell you an awkward experience with this phone. I am a techie and has a habit of listening to music while coding. One day in office, I connected the Nokia headset and started the music. But music was playing via loudspeaker only. It was not recognizing the headset at all. I tried to stop the music. But none of the keys worked, Not the pause button, not the volume keys, not the back button. I tried to switch the phone off. But it didnt work either. I had to cover the loudspeaker with my fingertip for about 10 minutes helpless and suddenly the phone switched off. With relief I removed my fingertips and I couldnt believe what happened . Music was still being played from the Switched Off phone. Again for the next 2-3 minutes I had to cover the loudspeaker before the music stopped. I switched it ON again only after reaching home. If I had sold the phone that day itself. I wouldno have to keep a dead phone now in my hands."

Please use plain text.
Rixter223

Reason 1: Gorilla Glass

Reason 2: Gorilla Glass

Reason 3: 520 and 620 don't have Gorilla Glass, just very cheap glas that will break when falling from 40 cm to the ground.

Please use plain text.
Sage
songoku777

i chose lumia720. for it's price, its got the best value. well aside from the many woes i read about it, it's got a good camera, longest battery life, and sleekest design ..just to name a few.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kartikindia

Who said gorilla glass doesnt break, it is only scratch proof n thats it, it is easily breakable with just minor fall. n hwne it cracks it will cost u more than normal glass.

Source: experience with lumia 800, glass got cracked twice, cost 10k first time, second time dint dare to spend even a dime on tht screen again

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
boarderguy

Well...i dropped my Nokia lumia 520 twice...it was the kinda drop that the case came off and battery flew across the floor. On both drops there was no dents, scratch's and the glass....100% fine. I had a few problems but have now been flawless
Please use plain text.