Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

will Adobe Flash Player be in Lumia 920 ?

Contributor
Ryuk
Accepted Solution

will Adobe Flash Player be in Lumia 920 ?

hi all

i just wana get this info  is lumia 920 going to get Adobe Flash Player in it in future or not ?

regards

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: will Adobe Flash Player be in Lumia 920 ?

THIS should answer your query ..or some more here ..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ryuk

thanx for fast reply

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
matsho

It is still not working with adobe flash player Lumia 920 problem solved it says

below? Pls. tell when or ever?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Adobe flash is obsolete and no longer supported by Adobe. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Nor is it supported on Android devices any more, or on the iPhone, before someone chimes in swearing by either of those...

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
abassid

I also have problem with live tv on my Lumia 920. It asks for adobe flash player
Please use plain text.
Professor
garym11

abassid wrote:
I also have problem with live tv on my Lumia 920. It asks for adobe flash player

Find another app. No flash, ever.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

[ Edited ]

Yep. That's the long and short of it.

Flash is not and will never be supported on WP8. It is old technology that has even been abandoned by its creator, Adobe.

This is an area where mobile technology is actually *ahead* of desktop machines because the latter still cling to Flash in desperation. Also, given that mobile technology doesn't even register on the radar of media broadcasting corporations, you get this kind of problem with TV broadcasts not working on mobile devices.

It'll take time because media outlets don't yet fully understand the implications of mobile technology, and they fear what they don't understand because they can't control it, but eventually they will drop Flash in favour of something more mobile-friendly such as HTML5 and MP4 (the BBC have already, iPlayer works fine on my Lumia 920 and 1020).

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.