Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: windows 7.8 for lumia 800

Registered Member
pc33533

It was annoncead also in Sweden that windows 7,8 should come during february month, but nothing has arrived. I was checking Nokia.fi site and there they announcented that microsoft find a problem with the softwere and stopped it for while!?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
GSDiesel

So the same issue is happening in the UK too but what i dont understand is myself and my partner both got the lumia 800, he got his a month ago mine about 2 weeks ago.

His has straight away updated to 7.8 yet mine still hasnt. Purchased from the same supplier and on the same network, how can one phone update no problems and the second wont?!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
windowswhy

ok ok Nokia the F*%K i mean seriously the F$%K, ok so why am i still waiting for this update nokia. im waiting and waiting and still nothing, a vast magority of apps have been updated and have not been working because my OS system is not up to date please at least tell me why it has not updated or atleast a date on when it is relased in the UK on Tesco mobile please come on guys

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

As per THIS, Nokia have nothing to do with the availability of this update. Quote:

"When it's available, we'll also pass along software from phone manufacturers that improves the performance of specific phone models. If you have questions about what's included in a phone manufacturer update, contact your phone manufacturer.

To learn what new features and improvements are included in our latest release, see Windows Phone 7.8. To see what we've included in other updates, see Windows Phone 7 update history."

So, WP7.8 is MICROSOFT'S latest update for WP7 and it is entirely in the hands of MICROSOFT when you will receive it.

As you can see from the above quote, even Nokia-specific firmware updates (which 7.8 is NOT) depend entirely on Microsoft for their delivery.

Please use plain text.
scottrb

It's the end of March now, and I still haven't received any update.  I've got an unbranded Nokia Lumia 800 on the O2 network, and I think similar to you, I check it every day, but nothing!

Though checking on the Nokia website, it seems to suggest that the lastest software for the UK is the one that came out last July!  How can it take two months to roll out software!?

Please use plain text.