Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

windows 7.8 for lumia 800

Contributor
shookpeng
Accepted Solution

windows 7.8 for lumia 800

i tried updating my phone but whenever i connect to zune and press update, it says my phone is in latest software 7.10(8773). and my phone shows no update available as well.

but when i checked here many has updared already..fyi, im in malaysia

when will 7.8 update be available for malaysia? or is it my phone problem?:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Re: windows 7.8 for lumia 800

THIS

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
shookpeng

ok. but i checked nokia malaysia website, the latest veersion is "Latest software release for Nokia Lumia 800 is SW 1750.0823.885x.124x0". 

but still i cannot update my phone and my phone shows "no update available"

how a?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Please use plain text.
Contributor
shookpeng

yes i did.
it says in malaysia lumia 800 will get the update.
Please use plain text.
Sage
liolisac

Even if it says there that update is available you sometimes need to wait for a while. In 3-4 weeks all phones will get update...at least you know you are in the "waiting line".

Please use plain text.
yoonfatt82

Here are the tricks on how to force your phone update to windows phone 7.8:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCcljLjm0iE

Timing is important.

You can start counting after you click on "Update" until it shows you your phone is up to date.

In your next try, start counting again after u click "update" and disable your internet 1 second before it shows your phone is up to date.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

What happens if you brick your phone?

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
ernifromholland

I have got the same problem, only thingis that i have two.

One was updated to 7,8 tha other on not!

Same Zune, **bleep** internet connection and both about 1 year old.

Can't find any other information how to solve it

Availibility of 7,8 is her in the Netherlands at KPN, so no issue here also

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rihpul

when nokia will provide an update on Indonesia? there is no clear notice about this update, I was not looking forward to it. I already connect to zune but no application update notifications :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Keep checking its a phased out updated you can do but wait.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Szunyixx

Hi,

I have a Lumia 800. The phone is from France but I use it in Hungary. Operator Hingarian Vodafone. 

I still did not get any notification about software update. :smileysad: 

My current version is "1750.0805.8773.12220" and accordnig to the availabilty list there is already newer version than this in Hungary. So what can I do in order to have WP 7.8 finally?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aeonic

i'm on the belgium country variant and i'm not getting the update through zune but it is available, i'm not provider bound or anything, what can i do to get the update?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ssp0305

Hi, I am a Nokia Lumia 800 user from Mumbai, india, even I have not yet received any update notification on my phone, am I supposed to wait more or have other using the same model received the update already. Please help.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Google might offer this,does google fix if you brick your phone? NO.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

You may refer on this link for the availability of Windows Phone 7.8.

If my post helped you, please don't forget to click on the "White Star" and if it resolved your issue click on "Accept as Solution" :smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 920 Nokia Asha 308 Nokia 808 PureView 
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mikesl750

[ Edited ]
Well, I asked this discussion group over a month ago about when I was likely to receive the 7.8 update. Was told it would be released over the next 3 weeks, that was at beginning of February. Mines an unlocked lumia 800 on O2. Guess what? Still no update, Zune tells me it's already up to date (8773)
Getting a bit miffed now. However, have read reports that the update has caused problems with volume and live tiles, has this been confirmed or acknowledged by Nokia yet?
The reports make me wonder if I should be keen to receive the update or would it be safer to leave my phone as it is.
Incidentally, tried online chat with Nokia 2 weeks ago regarding the update, they told me I should have received it by 21st Feb, but nothing came. Before anyone asks, yes, I have updates turned on, I keep connecting to Zune and yes I have read the original announcement that it would be phased, but this is taking far longer than what I would have expected.
Anyone else in the same boat?
Please use plain text.
teris

No update here either. (finland)
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jedocorrea

Having the same issue here in Chile. The update should have arrived in Feb. but no news so far!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
aprilminx

I'm getting so fed up of this why is this so complicated never had this problem with my iPhone.......still no update unlocked lumia 800.
Please use plain text.