Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: windows phone 7.8 release date

Advisor
johnboy64

Here are some of the problems I am hoping the 7.8 rollout might cure.
1. being able to send files/photos by bluetooth to other mobile phones.
2. being able to change font and font size.
3. being able to connect with Nokia PC Suite as well as Zune.
4. being able to connect your lumia via usb lead and have the choice for it to act as an external hard drive to quickly add/delete files/music/photos/videos.
5. just be more user friendly, every time i have a problem, i have to google it.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
johnboy64

Please Nokia, just give us a Date, or even a Month. Something would be better that nothing. Its like being in Limbo.
I have always had Nokia Mobile Phones until now, however, my loyalty is waning. Please renew my faith in Nokia by telling us something.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
johnboy64

The Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 7.8 update will begin rolling out in 2013.
Related
Nokia Lumia 920 Release Date Confirmed for November, Handset to Be AT&T Exclusive

The Nokia Lumia 920 release date will most likely be in November as AT&T ...

Nokia Lumia 920 Release Announced for Rogers Wireless in Canada
Nokia and the Canadian carrier known as Rogers Wireless confirmed that the new ...

Nokia Lumia 920 Release Date Leads to Major Discount on 800 Model

The Nokia Lumia 920 release date landed earlier this month, and that has now ...

Nokia Lumia 920 Specs: Camera Optical Stabilization Video Released
The Nokia Lumia 920 specs are quite impressive as a new video has been released ...

Nokia Lumia 900 Windows 7.8 Update Rolling Out Soon
The Nokia Lumia 900 Windows Phone 7.8 update will be rolling out in the near ...
The company recently released the update to a few Lumia 800 users. However, Nokia was doing this to test the new software, not officially roll it out.
Anyone who received the update probably owns a pre-production model of the Lumia 800, so they were eligible for the test version of WP 7.8. Nokia confirmed this in a recent statement.
One of the devices set to receive the update is the Nokia Lumia 900.
The software update appeared in Nokia's server, which showed a version with the number 8858 sitting on the computer. This is actually the final version of the Windows Phone 7.8 OS update, which indicates that it will roll out very soon.
It is about 383.85MB big and will bring some new features to the current version of Windows Phone 7.
Read more at http://global.christianpost.com/news/nokia-lumia-windows-phone-7-8-update-to-roll-out-in-2013-86927/...
Please use plain text.
musica

Have a look here.

We know you’re eager to get the Windows Phone 7.8 update, and we want you to know that we’re working closely with our hardware and carrier partners to get it tested, approved, and rolled out to as many devices as possible in early 2013

Final Banner
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
colej2k

[ Edited ]

Guys, once again unless you are just dying to adjust the tile sizes on the home screen don't get to excited because theres nothing much else to this 7.8 update, I've had it since Monday

Please use plain text.
Advisor
johnboy64

Hi there, does this update also include the capability too send files via bluetooth ??
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
colej2k

[ Edited ]

The only option to share from what I can see is images and there is no option for Bluetooth so its still locked down tigher than an iphone.

So don't get all hyped up waiting for this update, there really is nothing to it, I wont be getting another Lockia........oops Nokia

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
UY90

WHEN WILL THE WINDOW SOFTWARE 7.8 BE AVAILABLE

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
antihero1z

The most recent news I've heard about 7.8 is that it is nowhere near completion or release date. They've released a few test versions just to see how things are rolling, but the final version will not be seen for a while. If someone claims they have the update and tells you that the only thing the update will bring is tile resizing, then they are lying. Microsoft is currently taking suggestions as to what features people would like to see in the update.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
colej2k

I strongly object to being called a liar, especially by someone that clearly doesn’t have a clue.  Windows Mobile 7.8 is basically a Release Candidate but the only real change is the main menu (front screen) and Microsoft admit this...............it's all they talk about when mentioning 7.8

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
msk_saravanan

can u please tell the release date of windows 7.8 

does really windows 7.8 will get bluetooth sharing and ring tone maker and what are the up dates in it....???????

please reply me soon ...........!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

There is no such thing as Windows Mobile 7.8 and at WP7.8 this moment it is not yet officially available as an update for current WP7.x but is expected in Q1 2013.

There is a number of known enhancements from 7.5 and as far as Nokia Lumia phones are concerned more information is here.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
johnboy64

The current Lumia range of smartphones will continue to be supported by Nokia with a new updated user interface, new features, apps and upgrades.

Amongst other things;
A new Start screen look and feel, familiar from Windows Phone 8, giving you a whole new look the moment you unlock your phone
Ringtone maker app to selected markets to create a personal ringtone
Contact share app updated to support sharing over Bluetooth in addition to SMS and email
Bluetooth file transfer to send media files via Bluetooth from your Lumia device to any other phone
The rollout of these updates for the Lumia 610, Lumia 710, Lumia 800 and Lumia 900 smartphones will be phased, and we will share more details closer to the start of delivery.

At this time there is no information on availability of this update although Microsoft has stated during the announcement of the Windows Phone 7.8 update that this will be some time after the release of Windows Phone 8.
Please use plain text.
thed1234

Ahh the lovely windows phone 7.8 release date what an elusive thing it is...  I recently got a survey asking me if I would recommend my Nokia......difficult question considering I can't even get an update which I am starting to believe doesn't actually exist.  For months now I have read reports and forums on this Windows 7.8 update.... I was excited.  I realized that windows 8 wasn't going to be possible on my model phone and I had accepted that, but then I heard that Windows 7.8 would be released soon after windows 8...  Well Windows 8 phones are out and selling, now where is this update.... the funniest thing about this supposed update is that some phones are already coming out with it, as I have heard the Nokia Lumia 510 will be pre loaded with it. Now if you can get a phone pre loaded with it why can't you provide an upgrade very weird.  So, here I am with a Nokia Lumia 800 reading these silly reports on the fact that no one knows the release date for 7.8 update.  All I can say is get with the program both Microsoft and Nokia, because there are plenty of cellphone providers who provide better features and actual timelines for update release dates.

Have a good day

Disgruntled Nokia Lumia 800 owner

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
colej2k

"  I realized that windows 8 wasn't going to be possible on my model phone "

If you look at the spec of some of the cheaper Windows 8 phones you'll see that it is possible, more than possible but Microsoft don't want to do it

What they have done is offer 7.8 which gives us the same front menu, this was only so they can use our phones to advertise Windows 8 for them though, people see it and think Windows 8 that looks good

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Could you mention these specs? Any Windows 8 device I have seen announced is seriously more powerful than any WP7.x device. And yes that includes the Nokia 620 which has quite a bit more bang then the Lumia 800 as far as processing power goes.

Why do you try so hard to get you 'MSFT lies, we can run WP8' theories into every post you make.. There are no WP7.x phones capable of running WP8. And no, the HTC HD2 does not run WP8 as a usable OS, it can show the startscreen or settings screen with a hack, but it'll be slow as a turtle on weed.

If you see how running WP7.8 does impact the performance of the Lumia 800, it is quite noticeable that 'just' the WP8 startscreen' puts a heavier load on the hardware, it is quite obvious it'll never be able to run WP8 in any usable way. Fine with me, I enjoy WP7.8 on the 800 and will until I can get my WP8 device..

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
colej2k

WrRe: windows phone 7.8 release date

Wrong, it has a dual core CPU but thats about it. The ram is the same, has less memory and a lesser camera.  The 520 will be even worse yet they claim the 800 can't handle it, yea right.

Please don't tell us that the Lumia 1400 CPU can't handle it either.  It seems to me that you know very little about tech and specs

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Moonshadow

The difference between a HTC 8s dual core 1 GHz CPU and a lumia 1400 GHz CPU is less than 10% in favor of HTC. The lumia also has the same amount of ram and 4 times more storage.

Hardware power is not the issue here. They can run windows phone 8 on 800/710/900 without any issues as far as computing power is concearned. The issue lies somewhere else, and that is in the lack of some hardware aspects, such as the built-in secure boot chip that 7.8 lacks and NFC antenas. Gets you facts right my friend.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
colej2k

[ Edited ]

Oh I have got my facts right, you see Microsoft make Operating systems and so could have easily made Windows Phone 8 work on the phones mentioned.................unless you wish to admit to being rather........PC illiterate.

So even though you've tried being clever you missed a huge important bit of common sense, doh.  The question is why do so many (censored) miss this.

The point I made stands, M$ didn't want the new OS on the phones but wanted them to look like Windows 8 with the 7.8 update..........................purly for a sales/advertising prospective

Please use plain text.
musica

Please ensure polite and respectful correspondence with each other to avoid causing arguments and/or offending other users.

Regards,

Musica

Final Banner
Please use plain text.