Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

windows phone 7.8 release date

Counsellor
adityadaliya
Accepted Solution

windows phone 7.8 release date

Nokia , it is very disappointing that wp8 is not coming to current wp7 .........

At least give us release dates of wp7.8 ...
and allow us to download large files over cellular data connection......

Please help us .....NOKIA

THANKS AGAIN
""""""NOKIA """""
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Re: windows phone 7.8 release date

Hi adityadaliya

Thanks for your post.

We currently do not have a time scale of the release of this update. Best thing to do is to have your phone notify you when the update is available. You can do this by having a look at the following link:

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/product/lumia800/userguide/?action=onlineuserguidepagechange&pFil...

Regards

Raoul_Duke
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
JonathanRN

[ Edited ]

I just wanted to throw this out there. I emplore you to release the Windows Phone 7.8 update as soon as possible for a few reasons...

1. Now that Windows Phone 8 has been announced, Releasing the update will help minimize the lag if they see that the Lumia's have the new front-facing OS features now!

3. It's a good PR move.

Please listen to this!

-Jonathan

Moderators notes: Baseless and speculative remarks removed as there is no fact behind the statements made.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Based on extensive past experience I would bet that WP7.8 will be released after the first WP8 handsets hit the market. Please note I said first WP8 handsets, not first Nokia WP8 handsets.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
staceycir

Hello Raul-Duke,

When the update to wp7.8 rolls out, will this incororate all past updates for Lumia 900, or wil we have to run each update separately?

Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Sage
N8one

[ Edited ]

JonathanRN wrote:
I just wanted to throw this out there. I emplore you to release the Windows Phone 7.8 update as soon as possible for a few reasons...

1. Now that Windows Phone 8 has been announced. Releasing the update will help minimize the lag if they see that the Lumia's have the new front-facing OS features now!

3. It's a good PR move.

Please listen to this!

-Jonathan

Hi there,

I cant help but disagree with a couple of points here.

1. I would really prefer it if they took their time with updates and not simply rushed them out to appease the needs of some people for something new. Taking time to develop and test these updates means less QQ threads on these forums when people have problems.

2. The perception of a "crippled app store" people have confuses me to be honest. With nearly 100,000 apps i have found an app that can do pretty much any job i wish to do on my handset.

Yes i am missing the odd thing- but if im honest the lack of Angry Birds Space edition doesn't phase me too much! Also, not having to wade through the sea of dross i had in the Android market is, frankly, a breath of fresh air!

3. As for PR. Nokia takes the brunt of any negative feelings about WP7, they are rarely directed at microsoft (who actually control the software). As well as the fact Robot and Fruit phone lovers will take any opportunity to bash WP7.

Please use plain text.
Sage
roope70

N:w00t:ne wrote:
3. As for PR. Nokia takes the brunt of any negative feelings about WP7, they are rarely directed at microsoft (who actually control the software). As well as the fact Robot and Fruit phone lovers will take any opportunity to bash WP7.

Nokia made the choice to switch to WP, so of course people blame them. Also when people go into a store, they think they buy a phone, not an operating system. Sure, some tech people might buy an operating system, but I'm betting most people think they are buying a phone. Therefore, it's the phone that is either good or bad.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
theaksk

[ Edited ]

adityadaliya wrote:
Nokia , it is very disappointing that wp8 is not coming to current wp7 .........

At least give us release dates of wp7.8 ...
and allow us to download large files over cellular data connection......

Please help us .....NOKIA

THANKS AGAIN
""""""NOKIA """""

Looking at this page the 7.8 update will be released in June/July.

http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/lumia/software-update-for-nokia-lumia/

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi theaksk,

The update currently waiting for final approval before release is not the Windows Phone 7.8 update.

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Professor
KennyKB

[ Edited ]

93tid wrote:

Based on extensive past experience I would bet that WP7.8 will be released after the first WP8 handsets hit the market. Please note I said first WP8 handsets, not first Nokia WP8 handsets.

Agree with 93tid. There is no reason for MS to let existing phones steal the thunder from WP8 before it is released. It not just MS, any other company would have done the same.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
c1c2c3c4c

Feel bad that windows left you guys hanging with new phones that are not supported for wp8... Hope they at least gave you a heads up before you released the new line..  Historically company's have gone out of business for moves like this....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
c1c2c3c4c

no they wont its a different kernel so the drivers would be changed if they did that... it would require reflashing phones
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mansourfatohi

is there arabic support on windows phone 7.8

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
alhomfeld2010

this morning I got a message saying that an update was available for my Nokia Lumia 710. It wasn't the 7.8 update :smileysad:

it updated the OS Version to: 7.10.8107.79

I hope 7.8 comes soon

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
c1c2c3c4c

[ Edited ]

they already have re flashed the phones in the past... the problem stems from the drivers being made by the hardware manufacturers and not Microsoft. as a result they cant force these manufacturers to re-wright and test drivers for all of there old phones. this is the same issue that keeps most current gen phones from using the tethering capability's of the WPOS. it was finished in the 7.5 build but manufacturers left it deactivated in the phone bios.

to insure that everyone gets a consistent experience ms chose to give a separate update that removed some of the more demanding BG processes and features that are not compatable with curent gen hardware anyways. as a result they wont require a bios/drivers rewrite.

the release date is october...ish   :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Muxxx

There are three (3) main operating systems on the market. If you went into a phone shop these days, they actually categorize the phones by operating system, if you ask a decent salesperson. It's not called Nokia Windows Phone 7 or Samsung Android...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sprabhu65

Hi,

Now windows 8 phone is released in the market. Why still 7.8 not available...

regards,

prabhu

Please use plain text.
preetcivil

7.8 update for lumia 610

When the update fir lumua 610 available of wp7.8
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
adityadaliya

Hi today Nokia has announced windows phone 8 devices .....
Now at least tell us about the windows phone 7.8 features and release dates

Please
Tell us

Please use plain text.
Ex-Administrator (Retired)
michaels

We appreciate that you are all eager to update, but there is no date that we can share at this time. Microsoft and Nokia will both make their announcements when the general release begins, but as always there will be throttling in the Microsoft update system which means that not everybody received the update notification to their phone at the same time, and some operator-variant models may be awaiting network approval.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.