Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Also have "Something's gone wrong ( #400)! "

Advisor
lowtech
Accepted Solution

Also have "Something's gone wrong ( #400)! "

Hello all

I have just started using a C3-01 and have installed Nokia Suite latest version to check for updates and grab some apps. - except that it doesnt allow me to download anything via the PC to install.

Just after it should start installing I get that rather useless message and a popup indicating download/install stopped (Screenshots attached).

(1)   Reading the other forum notes on this error can someone confirm Nokia are doing something about it, or is there really a simple fix? (I mean SIMPLE!).

Nokia Suite otherwise appears to work OK in that I can back up my phone information and view phone details (it says firmware does not need update) BUT you cant see any Apps in the Search Apps area - you have to browse on line for them.

I find I can easily download apps over the phone in any case but even this is not without a problem.

(2)    Once you have connected via WLAN and found the app or update in Nokia Store, then request a download or update (for built-in apps), it switches away from WLAN connection to 'E' data download and therefore starts incurring data costs not in my O2 PAYG. So 'Free' Apps are not free if forced by Nokia to use GPRS/E connections.

(3) Having updated Nokia Browser app over the phone, it disappeared from the fixed Menu.How do I get it back? Can I customise the Menu?

If these were the ONLY problems with my Nokia phone, connectivity and software - I think I would be happy  (OK, happier).

thanks for any ideas.....

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

If you want to connect using only wlan- go to settings- connection settings- connectivity- internet connection- always ask.

Second way is to create personal config settings with no fields filled creating my access point & my web. Now activate these as active settings. The phone will not connect using network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Kangkan

This problem started from Nokia 3.4.49 and persists in the latest beta as well.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
lowtech

Re Error Message: Yes - I was advised by Nokia to use the new 3.5.21 Beta. I have, but it's just the same problem.
Re Connection Settings - I do have Always ask, but having connected via my LAN, Nokia download sends via phone data without asking.
If I use a blank access point I suppose I can never connect via phone? ... not sure how I would set this up on C3 -01, or if this would work how I wanted.
Thanks for replies,
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Go to settings-configuration settings- personal configuration settings- my web.
Now do not click on any field & press back. Do the same with access point. Activate these as the access points & configuration settings.
When you want to connect via your operator just select the settings for the operator otherwise keep these as preferred settings.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
AZZM14

YEAH!I ALSO HAVE SAME PROBLEM,I USE ASHA 200.MY FIREWALL WAS ENABLE NOKIA SUITE AND IE NOT WORKING OFFLINE! HAVE SOLUTION TO FIX THIS?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
lowtech

OK thanks, ng85, are you saying I create a connection 'profile' which has Wireless 'enabled' but phone connection 'disabled'?

If so - how do I then quickly enable the phone internet connection?
thanks,

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ng85

Yes. For enabling network connection you will have to go to the settings- configuration settings menu & select the settings of the operator. Thats the only way & no other quick way.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
lowtech

OK - Thanks for elucidating with that little 'side-problem', ng85.

Looks like I'll have to wait for Nokia for the problem(s) with Suite downloads though. The "Somethings gone Wrong" message seems to be a popular source of aggravation and stopping point!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
videoconverter

the best way to solve this is.....

1) sent your mobile operator massage to get GPRS setting. (VODAFONE-VL to 52586)

2) SAVE THIS SETTINGS and start the internet from phone web.

3) once your net is working on mobile close it and connect your mobile to pc through ovi suite.

4) now log in and you should able to download and connect through pc.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Fan01

@lowtech: I know right! It's also happening to me -_-
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Fan01, is this a new issue? If yes, we need more details, like the error message word for word. If not, please, let us continue in your original thread …

Please use plain text.
Advisor
lowtech

Suite Installation is not a problem for me now (using WinXP) it installed the full update OK.

I still have issues with how it works though (or doesnt work as you would want eg dont delete you PCsuite contacts lists then try and synch to update it - it deletes all your phone sontacts too  - SEPARATE ISSUE).

Re my data connection problem I decided to go onto a data/text tariff so I use phone connection rather than LAN these days (separate problems only intermittently connects to LAN). All suggestions have been helpful, thanks,

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

lowtech, if this issue here is solved, please, choose one answer you like(d) and mark the thread as solved as well. For the other two (?) issues, please, open a new thread each. This makes sure, nobody gets confused about the many topics in this thread, when coming from an Internet search.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Fan01

Abi99 said:

Fan01, is this a new issue? If yes, we need more details, like the error message word for word. If not, please, let us continue in your original thread …

No, I just told @lowtech that the 'Something's gone wrong' error is also happening to me. :squint:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
taymour12

dear nokia team

good day

i have problem with installing any app from nokia store or from nokia pc suite on nokia X2-00

on the nokia store website give this message (( there is somthing wrong  #400 ))

and the nokia pc suite give me (( can't connect to service ))

i need to install some app on my nokia X2-00

i have try to remove the nokia suite and re install it  and still the same thing, and i have make the factory reste to my phone and still give me the same message.

kindly to give me a solution for this this problem

and kindly to solve it

Please use plain text.