I have just started using a C3-01 and have installed Nokia Suite latest version to check for updates and grab some apps. - except that it doesnt allow me to download anything via the PC to install.
Just after it should start installing I get that rather useless message and a popup indicating download/install stopped (Screenshots attached).
(1) Reading the other forum notes on this error can someone confirm Nokia are doing something about it, or is there really a simple fix? (I mean SIMPLE!).
Nokia Suite otherwise appears to work OK in that I can back up my phone information and view phone details (it says firmware does not need update) BUT you cant see any Apps in the Search Apps area - you have to browse on line for them.
I find I can easily download apps over the phone in any case but even this is not without a problem.
(2) Once you have connected via WLAN and found the app or update in Nokia Store, then request a download or update (for built-in apps), it switches away from WLAN connection to 'E' data download and therefore starts incurring data costs not in my O2 PAYG. So 'Free' Apps are not free if forced by Nokia to use GPRS/E connections.
(3) Having updated Nokia Browser app over the phone, it disappeared from the fixed Menu.How do I get it back? Can I customise the Menu?
If these were the ONLY problems with my Nokia phone, connectivity and software - I think I would be happy (OK, happier).
thanks for any ideas.....
YEAH!I ALSO HAVE SAME PROBLEM,I USE ASHA 200.MY FIREWALL WAS ENABLE NOKIA SUITE AND IE NOT WORKING OFFLINE! HAVE SOLUTION TO FIX THIS?
OK thanks, ng85, are you saying I create a connection 'profile' which has Wireless 'enabled' but phone connection 'disabled'?
If so - how do I then quickly enable the phone internet connection?
the best way to solve this is.....
1) sent your mobile operator massage to get GPRS setting. (VODAFONE-VL to 52586)
2) SAVE THIS SETTINGS and start the internet from phone web.
3) once your net is working on mobile close it and connect your mobile to pc through ovi suite.
4) now log in and you should able to download and connect through pc.
Suite Installation is not a problem for me now (using WinXP) it installed the full update OK.
I still have issues with how it works though (or doesnt work as you would want eg dont delete you PCsuite contacts lists then try and synch to update it - it deletes all your phone sontacts too - SEPARATE ISSUE).
Re my data connection problem I decided to go onto a data/text tariff so I use phone connection rather than LAN these days (separate problems only intermittently connects to LAN). All suggestions have been helpful, thanks,
lowtech, if this issue here is solved, please, choose one answer you like(d) and mark the thread as solved as well. For the other two (?) issues, please, open a new thread each. This makes sure, nobody gets confused about the many topics in this thread, when coming from an Internet search.