Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Alternative to Nokia suite?

Counsellor
Accepted Solution

Alternative to Nokia suite?

[ Edited ]

I know this seems like heresy on here but isn't there any alternative to Nokia Suite? Unless I'm mistaken.. STILL no way to add missing album art , no support for music on an external drives anymore, major problem for me as that's where mine is. It;s putting me off loading music onto my phone, which is putting me off haivng a Nokia even though that's all i've had for about 12 years. Times have changed..

Nokia N8 on Belle
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Not sure that there is an alternative, sorry. You can add missing album art by using an app on the phone from the Nokia Store called CoverUp, if that is an option for you. Can't you sync music using Windows Media Player that way?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Thanks for your reply, can't find cover up in the store, maybe they took it off. I have tried it before however & didn't have any success with loading covers for some reason.

I've tried WMP, it won't sync, it errors & says the player might not suport this file type, which is not the case.

Nokia N8 on Belle
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

[ Edited ]

What format of music are you trying to transfer? Sorry to hear about CoverUp, maybe you can Google for it and obtain the link for it that way, to get to it in Nokia Store.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Check this ..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Thanks. I've downloaded it but I get an error when searching. I've left a post on teknolog's website but any advice in the meantime would be good. 

Error message is "Download Failed, Ensure you have a working data connection, and that time and date are set correctly on your device."

I have a working data connection & date & time are set correctly to UK time.

Nokia N8 on Belle
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

the reason why I couldn't find CoverUp in the store is because it has been pulled because of problems
Nokia N8 on Belle
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

May be in your region its pulled out .. I can still see it available thru' the link posted above...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

so can I that's how I managed to download it, the point is can you find it by searching the store. When they pulled it they probably kept it on there just stopped listing it.
Nokia N8 on Belle
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

In any case that's not really the point, we should have to be using workarounds for such a basic function as album art on music. I mean why does Nokia suite recognise the art on some albums & not others when they're all ripped in the same way, & why is there no way to add it in manually in NS? Plus I have to mess around to load my music in as it's all on an external drive. Hence my original question about an alternative FUNCTIONING piece of software.
Nokia N8 on Belle
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Rip with whatever software you prefer, fix tags and cover art with MP3tag (free) and transfer music to your Nokia using drag and drop in Mass Storage Mode. Works for me without fail on S^3 and WP8 devices.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

93tid wrote:

Rip with whatever software you prefer, fix tags and cover art with MP3tag (free) and transfer music to your Nokia using drag and drop in Mass Storage Mode. Works for me without fail on S^3 and WP8 devices.

Sounds likea plan, however i've checked out mp3tag & it seems very manual. i'm looking for something that's a  bit more automated.

Nokia N8 on Belle
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

93tid wrote:

93tid, you're right it works a treat & i've sorted many filoes out using it, thanks.

However, I;m come unstuck on some albums by 'Above & Beyond', I've entered the album artist as such yet the tracks all appear under 'unknown' on my Nokia. I also have some podcasts by the same artist, could this be why it's getting confused? I've tried changing the '&' to 'and' in album artist with no success. Any ideas? Confused

Nokia N8 on Belle
Please use plain text.