Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Bluetooth connection to OVI suite

Registered Member
Bellatori

Bluetooth connection to OVI suite

I have a nokia 7610. It connects via blue tooth to the nokia PC suite but I get no connection with the OVI suite and it then states I need possible some modem bluetooth driver which I cannot find (and why anyway if it can work with the older suite!?) Help would be appreciated

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kegless

Re: Bluetooth connection to OVI suite

I have three bluetooth stacks (windows, blue soleil and toshiba) now installed and I am still not able to connect to the phone. It recognises the phone and connects to it but then keeps appearing with the 'bluetooth modem may need to be installed on your computer...' and then after an eternity saying the device failed to connect.

Why can nokia with its infinite resources not produce a single piece of pc based software that actually functions as it should...like the handsets but I have not had a single fully working bug free version of PC Suite since my first nokia back in the days on 14k dialup modems?!

Paul

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
GadgetFreak

Hey Bellatori,

Looks like ovisuite doesnt support your 7610. I just got this info from the following link

http://www.nokia-asia.com/support/download-software/nokia-ovi-suite/compatibility-and-download

Regards

Like my post? Give me a Kudos...... Ur problem solved? Accept my Solution :-)
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
songangte

Help!

I can use my C-3 00 as a modem when i connect it with an USB.  But when I connect using bluetooth, It can share files, but refuses to connect to the internet. 

My Bluetooth device is working fine as i can sync files between pc and phone.

I Uninstalled and re installed both ovi and pc suite, but to no avail. 

Please help..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
SebastianJ

[ Edited ]

Have had the same issue with my ex-E51. It would connect through BT correctly to receive or send files from/to the computer, but would not act as a modem over BT. It happened with my notebook (Lenovo 3000 v100).

I changed some six months ago my working laptop to a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge, and the E51 works fine as a modem through BT.

A month ago I changed my phone to an E5-00 and it would connect neither as a modem over BT with the former notebook (tried), but correctly with the Thinkpad Edge. I didn't mess around to see what happened because I simply didn't need to use a BT modem on the 3000v100 notebook anymore. However, as it is clear the issue was with the notebook and not the phone. 

It could not be your situation (I can imagine a couple more scenarios where this issue could happen), but it could be with the notebook and not the phone/ovi (my assumptions is that there could be a problem with the BT driver).

I hope this helps to troubleshoot the issue at least.

Regards,

Sebastian.

EDIT: Next time post a new thread, this thread had no activity for almost six months.

Please use plain text.