Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Can`t install nokia suite

Contributor
replace

Can`t install nokia suite

this message always appear when i attempt to install nokia suite 3.2 or 3.3

However i can easily install ovi suite ,BUT it does not allow me to log in ,it says that it can not connect to the server.
Even that i installed a dresh copy of win XP.

plz help.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

Disable Firewalls and Anti Virus on your PC and retry...

Hope you have Windows XP with SP 2 or later as mentioned here ...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
replace

Already disabled , And my Xp with Sp2 .

Nothing changed
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lostinthedesert

My first thought - and forgive me if you already verified this - but the requirements specify only 32-bit XP. I assume that means 64-bit isn't supported; if that's what your running, it would explain why the package won't install.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
liangziang

I have the same BUG!!!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
tagieff

I have the same pb also.

Please help!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
HilmaOllila

I also get the error message, Nokia Suite needs to be repaired, tried to repair, does not work, I am Win XP service pack 3. I am getting so tired of trying.
If this problem is really a missing file, please send us the files, or fix the version ? Thank you kindly.
Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi all. Can you try

- deleting current installation file of Nokia Suite, what you've in your PC hard disk

- re-downloading Nokia Suite from www.nokia.com/nokiasuite and try starting installation again

Does that help?

Cheers, Samuli

Please use plain text.
Advisor
arturox

I guess it might assuage my annoyance a bit if I contribute...

I've been using various computer OSs since 1982, and to-date I feel that the Nokia phone to computer connection software (Nokia OviSuite) is the second worst thing (Of all the software I've used) I've ever encountered. Another Mobile phone app (Sagem) was the worst ever).

Machine Running Win XP SP3
It started with an update attempt of Ovi Suite to the latest  Nokia Suite.

Partway through the auto install processes it stopped because it couldn't uninstall the existing version so couldn't continue.

I rebooted and tried this three times... Even manually downloading the update, that didn't install either.

I used the Nokia PC Suite Cleaner.

Ovi Suite was still installed so I manually uninstalled it from Control Panel - Add or remove programs.

Still the Nokia Suite would not install.
So I used CCleaner to excise a lot of Nokia items.

Apparently, so the Nokia Suite install informed partway through, it still couldn't uninstall the existing version.

So I went through the registry, and manually removed very single bit of Nokia Sh one tee I could find.

Nokia Suite install still bombed because it couldn't uninstall the previous version. Bhaaa!

There was no ***king version of anything Nokia installed on the machine by now.

Gave up...
Went back to using MobileEDit, version 6 has just been released and it's quite good.

Sometime later...

Being a bit of an anorak, a short while go I thought I'd have another poke around.

So I spent quite some time re-visiting the registry, and lo and behold, I found a couple of MSI entries for the OviSuite which I immediately excised.

Rebooted the machine, and this time the new Nokia Suite did install.

The final question of course is... Was it worth all that effort?

No it was not.
The UI has improved slightly, but like a lot of modern trendy designed apps, it's still a gawdawful mess.

Looks like it's back to MobileEdit version 6.

Strewth!
Ax

Please use plain text.
TrulyMallik

I'm also having the same issue... Pls help me.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
valex_1974

[ Edited ]

..Same problem! :-(

I have this version:

but when i can try to install in win xp sp3 : 

Help me because in this version dont' me dowload the maps!! (nokia e71)

regards

Please use plain text.

Hi, okay so I've been having the same issue for several months!!!  I have uninstalled and reinstalled ovi suite about 6 times now.  I've even been through my registry and deleted anything relating to Nokia and then tried re-installing.  I still receive the same error stating that it needs to be repaired.  Select the option to repair but it still doesn't work.  It's a nightmare, my phone now needs updating but without Nokia Suite I can't do the update.  I use BBC iplayer and I currently can't watch anything I download because I also need the latest phone update. 

Nokia please get this sorted out because I'm sick of it now, I didn't have any issues with Ovi Suite it worked fine. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
arturox

Folks, try installing the PC Suite first, see if that works, then try again with the Ovi Suite.

Ax

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

Hi,

If you have Windows XP Media Centre Edition, SP3, then the installation problem can be because WMDRMSDK.DLL has been missing.

There are two ways to rid of installation problem:

1. Download/update the Windows Media Player 11
  2. Download Update for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?amp;amp;displaylang=en&id=2292

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

One more problem can be with Intermediate CA certificates.

Please go here: http://www.verisign.com/support/verisign-intermediate-ca/code-signing-intermediate/index.html to update your Intermediate CA certificates.

You will see 2 boxes with garbled text - one primary and one secondary. Please copy and paste the text each into a text file using a text editor such as notepad. Then save those files with a .cer extension, and then import those certs into Windows by right clicking on those .cer files and selecting Install Certificate from the menu. Then follow all the defaults.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Please use plain text.
oz42

Installed both certificates on Win7 SP1 x64. Same result: "problem with the installation file".

Please use plain text.
Employee
magovoru

@oz42

Certificates problem sometimes has only Windows XP.

In your case it can be the problem with installation file.

Could you uninstall Nokia suite from Windows -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features.
And then try to install the clean 3.3.86 version from www.nokia.com/nokiasuite

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Please use plain text.
dankyo08

I have the same problem, which is i can't install nokia suite, but after i installed the 2 certificate from http://www.verisign.com/support/verisign-intermediate-ca/code-signing-intermediate/index.html it works.. now i can install the nokia suite. thx a lot. sorry for my bad english

Please use plain text.
porki007

Hello, I have a problem to install nokia suite 3.3. the error code is 1601. I have to uninstall the old version but I force an uninstall because its not working. I tried the procedure of certificate but it works yet. anyone have an idea?? thank you

Please use plain text.