Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Can`t install nokia suite

Employee
magovoru

Hello,

Could you try the latest beta version Nokia Suite 3.4. You can download and install latest beta version of  Nokia Suite from here ...

To download the installer, you need to log-in with the SAME credentials that you use on this Forum..

Cheers,
Marina
Nokia Suite team

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi porki007,

Error code 1601 means:

"The Windows Installer service could not be accessed. Contact your support personnel to verify that the Windows Installer service is properly registered."

Are you able to install other programs that use Windows Installer?

You could try reregistering Windows Installer:

http://www.computertipsfree.com/fix-error-code-1601-windows-installer/

This is what Microsoft's support has to say about this:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-windows_programs/error-1601-windows-i...

Please use plain text.
urhabib

i'm facing the same problem. Error is 'your computer needs a windows certificate' my system is winxp sp2
I love Nokia & Pakistan
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

Hi urhabib!

Try checking this thread: http://betalabs.nokia.com/trials/nokia-suite-beta/bugreport/install-failed-on-nokia-suite-your-compu... . This might help you with the error message you are encountering. 

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
technoarchmila

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help with the following problem.

I've got a Nokia N8, so have downloaded the latest version of Nokia Suite 3.2.100.  I'm trying to install it on my home PC, which is running WinXP 32 bit (Media Center Edition, SP2).

When the installation process starts, a message shows up saying:

“Problem with the installation file:

Error code: 0Х80096005

The timestamp signature is and/or certificate could not be verified or is malformed.”

I tried to install it to another computer – same thing.

I've tried to download the Nokia Suite installation file several times - none of this has worked - I'm stuck!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mila

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

technoarchmila - Nokia Suite v3.2.100 ????

The Latest version is v 3.7.22 which can be downloaded from Here

Please use plain text.