Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Can't sign into Ovi account with my Ovi Suite ...

chandye

Re: Can't sign into Ovi account with my Ovi Suite 3.0.0.284

ja now i see im not alone and the worse part of it, its that i followed any help i could get here and nothing works!

im **bleep** off

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
alex_behring

This is so ridiculous. Nokia - you know about this connection issue for a very long time. Years.

I'm having the same problem.

If you have this problem - keep on replying to keep this thread sticky :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
damijanc

[ Edited ]

I have exactly the same problem. Everything works except sing in to ovi. What made requirement to sign (that does not work) in to update firmware. I will obviously have to buy android phone...

MODERATOR'S NOTE: This post as been edited. Please refrain from using inappropriate use of words in this forum.

Please use plain text.
Kiwigpz

I am having exactly the same issue.  I have deleted the expired certificates, repaired the Ovi Suite installation, put my ovi.com login and password in the proxy connection and still it doesn't work.  I'm getting to the point of dumping Nokia and going to an Android.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Thanks, it works also for Ovi suite 3.0.0.290 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

Hi,

Sorry to hear that even after removing the problematic certificates manually, still no works.

I give you more options.

-Make sure that you are connected to the internet. If you are connected, the service may be temporarily unavailable. If you can't sign into your Nokia account through Nokia Ovi Suite but can sign into ovi.com through a web browser, the reason is most likely one of the following:

-Your firewall settings stop you from accessing the service
-Your proxy settings in Internet Explorer are incorrect
-Proxies need to be authenticated but credentials haven't been entered to the settings of Nokia Ovi Suite
-Your internet service provider doesn't allow access to ovi.com, or
-The Windows WinTrust verification system is not working, so the signature of Nokia Ovi Suite cannot be checked (This may be a problem in pirate or unregistered versions of Windows or if the computer has been infected with a virus).

I hope this helps.

By the way do you have the latest Nokia Ovi suite?

Br

Mahayv

Please use plain text.
Kiwigpz

Mmmmmmmmmm, yummy humble pie!

Turns out it was my firewall blocking an application called nokiaserver.exe.  Allowed it full access through the firewall and all good now.

Please use plain text.
Anton_SA

I am very sorry to say that the problem still remains. I bought a Nokia 6700 slide, upgrading from my Nokia 6500 slide. I have tried everything and still can’t sign in via the OVI suite on my XP machine:

1. Uninstalled OVI and reinstalled OVI
  2. Repaired OVI
  3. Turned off the Firewall (Windows)
  4. Disabled the antivirus software (Forefront)
  5. Deleted all expired Certificates
  6. Reset password
  7. Deleted Cookies
  8. Updated OS
  9. Entered proxy settings

I’ve literally tried everything mentioned. My new phone is lying on the shelf since December 10. I want to update the firmware before I move my data over. Its ridicules not to be able to do a simple thing like this. My colleagues just smile at me with their Blackberries.

Anton

Please use plain text.
Joris_SA

Dear Mahayv,

Yes I just downloaded the latest OVI 3.0.0.290, and indeed have problems as the people above, have followed all suggestions and even went through your checklist, but to no avail.

I do have Internet connection, can sign in to OVI.

Is there not a patch that's made avaiable that actually fixes the OVI issue, rather than trying to use all kind of obscure work-arounds?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pawandubey43

i,m not able to configure my ovi
Account in NMS.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
von_velchem

I also had this problem for a while. Searching the posts for solutions and trying them all did not work for me. Problem was solved when Microsoft XP was updated on my computer.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jimanx

This is pretty poor - I used PC Suite previously without issue to sync and update my phone. I don't remember having to sign in before... Seems like Nokia want more control and more traffic through their web-site, but are now making it too hard - I am sick of resetting the Nokia password. I previously stopped using my Nokia log-in for years (which I never missed) I have had a a number of Nokia phones through the years; and I think this will be the last one that I buy - Nokia software support and integration with my pc is way behind apple, htc, and blackberry. Please just offer a simple solution to sync and update, rather than a super complex one where I have to involve my IT dept at work to change proxy settings and work around virus software. OVI has now been taken off the company approved list of software for installation on work PCs and desktop support - and so they recommend blackberry. In attempting to generate a log-in with usage data and some web-site traffic; Nokia has lost the war... OVI is now totally irrelevant (as is symbian)
Please use plain text.
Advisor
pravinbv

Same is the case with me. actually i started a thread few days back. but no one helped. and this thread also doesnt solved the problem. i have tried all solutions given here.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
eyebroughty

Hi,

Have tried everything from disabling the Firewall to re installing Nokia Ovi suite, but whenever I try and sign in through Nokia Ovi Suite it says cannot connect to the Nokia Account Server.

Why can I sign in here and into Nokia, through ovi.com but not when I use the Suite.

This software issue seems to have been around for ages.

You would think Nokia would have a fix for this, Apple would have sorted this in a few hours.

John

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ajessedela

[ Edited ]

thanks, deleting the expired cookie worked fine for me

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Nawas

I am using nokia
X2 01. While opening ovi mail Application error says. Its happen 1month ago before i use it,it happen after i open ovi mail more same password with previus. Please suggest me how can i reopen my ovi email
Please use plain text.
Tunnex

The browser that followed my Nokia asha 202 is not working anytime i want to use plz hlp me out.
Please use plain text.