Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Cannot sign in to Nokia account on Nokia Suite 3.2...

Hedgehodge

Cannot sign in to Nokia account on Nokia Suite 3.2.100

I need to update my E63 phone software but apparently I need to sign in to my Nokia account to do that.

Except I cannot do that, I keep getting told Nokia Suite cannot sign in to my Nokia account (at one point it said "cannot connect to server").

My internet connection is working fine, I have no proxies, and my Firewall settings are letting the suite through.

I found an FAQ telling me to get rid of expired certificates, but I did this and it did not help at all.

I can't even send feedback through Nokia Suite.

Please help

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
haZey

Re: Cannot sign in to Nokia account on Nokia Suite 3.2.100

Hi Hedgehodge,

So to confirm, you've tried this:

Go to Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Content > Certificates > Trusted Root Certification Authorities. Delete all GTE CyberTrust certificates whose expiration date has passed. You should be left with one GTE certificate that is valid.

Also have you tried to update over the air?

Regards,

haZey

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Hedgehodge

Yes, that is exactly what I tried.

Also, what do you mean by updating "through the air"?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
GeoffN

I have exactly the same problem. Tried unistalling/reinstalling program, deleting expired certificates and switching off firewall; all to no avail.

Please use plain text.
Employee
hunchback

You can try another Software update application, which doesn't require account.

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/device-software-update

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
GeoffN

I've solved this, for me at least, thanks to input from another thread. Basically, open Nokia Suite select: tools/options/general then scroll down to proxy then enter user name and password. I can sign in now.

Please use plain text.
Hedgehodge

I have been on that "software update" page, however selecting E63 just tells me to use Nokia Suite.

Also, Geoff, let me see if I got this straight- you put your Nokia username and password in the proxy settings in Nokia Suite? Because that didn't work for me.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
GeoffN

No, I use Onspeed as a proxy. I entered my username/password for that. A bit unusual as I never enter it for any other program access to the internet.

Please use plain text.
iipper

. Tried unistalling/reinstalling program, deleting expired certificates .

Please use plain text.
iipper

Basically, open Nokia Suite select: tools/options/general then scroll down to proxy then enter user name and password. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kkrriss2

I do have same problem guys.    My Nokia Suite 3.2.100 has no "sign in" button everytime i open it.   Am dealing with this problem for few days already.   Had no problem with my internet connection and map downloading.   The only thing that bothers me is how to Sign in in nokia store using nokia suite.  

Please use plain text.
rudigeubels03

Hello Hedgehodge,

I bought a Nokia E5 2 days ago, and are struggling with the same issue. Although I have a valid username/password, recognized by the Nokia shop, it's not allowing to login using Nokia Suite. The message always says "cannot connect to the server".

I already tried to uninstall/re-install Nokia Suite and deleted also the old GTE Certificates as mentioned further.

Is there any solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Please use plain text.
jcamparo123

[ Edited ]

i have the same problem but now i solve it and i can sign in in nokia suite 3.2.100 and the latest version 3.3.86.

Dont delete the expired GTE certificate if you already delete it's okey. Just set your date correctly  at the lower right of your screen. After you set it correctly try to login in nokia suite.

i wish it helps.

because i think that all certificate are sensitive in dates just set the date and year properly 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gswachhal

yes this works. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
VIVEK1234

I CANNOT SIGN IN NOKIA SUITE
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
blindwitness90

Yes, I am having the same problem. Since the update to 3.4.49

the GTE certificates are ok. My time is OK. 

Nokia Suite asks me to connect to the internet, while I am already connected... I mean it checks for updates, and then when I sign in it says it is not connected...

Could it be a issue with some windows update maybe ?? (shouldn't be) 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Give a try to this latest Beta version .. To download, you will need logging-in with the SAME credentials that you use on this Forum ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ch1989

im having the same problem as well.

and as for downloading the beta version from betalabs. it doesn't help. i still cant login.

anymore help? 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kasap

I have the same problem , tried all the suggestions but no solution.... Please advice!!

Please use plain text.