Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Disable syncing of videos in Ovi Suite

Advisor
manubharath

Disable syncing of videos in Ovi Suite

Hiya.. Syncing Photos and Videos on Ovi suite is syncing movies also and it is a problem for me.. Note, the movies folder is not inside Videos folder of mass storage in my N8.. Seems like it is scanning the whole memory, any setting to restrict that? Also is there a setting to sync Photos and Videos separately?

Thanks

Bharath

Advisor
manubharath

Very disappointing that even after a weeks time nobody replied for my above post :smileysad: As a Nokia Symbian fan, I hope someone will reply.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Do not see any settings to separate them out.. You may manually move the required files (either Photos or Videos) by Draging them to the appropriate folder in the Nokia suite..thereby avoiding the movies...

woweh

Almost one year later, still no fix in the Nokia Suite, unless I missed something?

According to the product manager of Nokia Suite they are/were working on it (Oct 2011):

http://betalabs.nokia.com/trials/nokia-suite-3-2-beta/suggestion/42134/improvement-for-photos-video-...

So for the time being one has to manually sync photos.

Perhaps somebody knows a third party tool...?

Thanks

Wolfgang