Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Does Ovi Suite 2 support Lotus Notes

Counsellor
roz_n97

Does Ovi Suite 2 support Lotus Notes

I'm using PC Suite at work to sync all my calendar information to my N97, as the company uses Lotus Notes. It was one of the main reasons I went for the N97 rather than the iPhone. I'm using Ovi Suite 2 at home but haven't set it up at work as it doesn't seem to support Lotus Notes when I've had a look through the set-up options. There only seems to be various incarnations of the dreaded Outlook.

Does OS2 support Lotus Notes for Calendar syncing? 

Cheers,
"ROZ"
N97 on GiffGaff
Started to grind to a halt until I hard reset it - still a lot slowly than my wife's iP4
Please use plain text.
Employee

Re: Does Ovi Suite 2 support Lotus Notes

Hi roz_n97, currently Nokia Ovi Suite doesn't support syncing with Lotus Notes. Might be good idea to check Lotus Notes Traveler for S60, it supports syncing of email, calendar, contacts with Lotus Notes. Lotus Notes Traveler  
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
roz_n97

Cheers saylinen,

I had a look at the IBM site. Terms like "eligable customers" and other comments make me shy away when I can get along very well with PC Suite.. I've got no idea whether our company has Lotus Domino 8.5 software?!?

How much longer are Nokia going to support PCS?

Will OS2+ get Lotus Notes compatability in the future? Seems an odd thing to remove...

Looks like I'll be sticking with PCS at work for the time being.

Cheers,
"ROZ"
N97 on GiffGaff
Started to grind to a halt until I hard reset it - still a lot slowly than my wife's iP4
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jbarsoum

I have Traveler on my N95 but it does NOT sync contacts -- that is an option that my company has not enabled. So I need to stay with PCS until you add Lotus Notes support to Ovi Suite, even if it's just to sync the contacts. Is that even in the plans?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hello saylinen,  if this is correct then Ovi is about as useful to me as a chocolate tea pot.  What a howler.
Please use plain text.
Sage

What about Lotus Organizer ?

In my company Outlook is disabled, forbidden... so no option for me.

That's why i am using Lotus Organizer.

In PCSuite i am able to synch with either Outlook, or Organizer.... what are the options in OVI?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Ive been faithful to Nokia mainly because it fits my business and personal needs...

Now with this, Business is out of reach...

Am I suposed to purchase 3rd party software for something was nokia standard before?

:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

@JTQfan

coudn't agree more

The fact that Nokia supported Lotus Notes synchronization [locally on my PC, not only server-based] used to be my primary reason for buying Nokia. Seems that I'll have to reconsider next time I choose a new phone.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I am very dissapointed about ovi not supporting Lotus Notes. After introducing an software update on my N95 even the old PC suite does not function anymore with Lotus Notes. This update has really and significantly decreased the functionality of my N95.

I warn everybody not to use the newest software update or OVI on an N95 working with Lotus Notes.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jbarsoum

The last figures I saw estimated Lotus Notes market share of enterprise email at about 40% (vs. 55% for Outlook). Cutting out 40% of your client base doesn't sound like a great idea. Especially when Blackberries still work with Notes..... just sayin'...
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I do not use OVI but stick to Nokia PC Suite because that does support Lotus Notes. I would not want to buy a new phone which does not synchronize with my work work agenda.

Please use plain text.
John_Williams

As my company runs Lotus Notes and I rely heavily on the phone calendar for meetings I am not able to use the Ovi Suite. I will move to a product that supports my business needs.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
atomrofler

sorry, but whats wrong with you nokia? Is it planned to integrate the notes syncing is? if not, there is no reason to buy nokia.

I have bought the x6 and very pleased. But without the notes support there is no option. must giving up that phone :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Richard_Wilkins

I have been a loyal Nokia customer, I have NEVER owned another brand of cellphone.. now as I use Lotus at work,,, I have no choice but to buy another manufacture..

%100 of my Company is now using blackberry.. I will have to switch also...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
NetworkerDeluxe

I get the E66 from my former colleque, so i had no choice. In our company we are using Lotus Notes, so i have to synchronize with it. Other colleques of mine have a Blackberry or iPhone, the only thing i can say is: NOKIA doesn't made it's homework.

The good thing is, the contract for the E66 only runs about 1 year to future. After that i will never choose a NOKIA again. With this Nokia i feel like i switched back into stoneage: Bad battery life time, no usability in the menu, so on and so on...

@NOKIA: This is a software fail and so a business fail. Good to see that some parts of your production moved out of germany, because germany stands for quality....

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MichalM

Hi,

I too, must say that I am very disapointed with decision to no longer support client sync with Lotus Notes. 

My N95 is just about age to be replaced. Without Lotus Notes client support, I am afraid, I won't choose Nokia phone again.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ChrisAus

Talk about going backwards!

Who's bright idea was it to take the Lotus Sync out when PC Suite was switched to the new OVI software, I thought the idea was to add functionality not take it away.

If you use PC Suite to sync to lotus (like I do/did) don't put the OVI software on your computer keep the PC Suite.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

to Nokia people: VERY dissapointing  your funny ovi suite doesn't support lotus notes. I dont need such software.

Please use plain text.
Sage
sandy2410

Is there any plan that the future version of NOS would support lotus notes sycing. This was a very good option in PC suite.

-Sandy

Helpful information, then dont forget to hit the kudos star :-) Or say it accepted solution and thanks
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pgimeno

Without Notes support, I've just removed Ovi Suite 2 from my computer... and maybe nokia from my next mobile choice...

Please use plain text.