Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Downloading apps to my C7

Registered Member
woz66

Downloading apps to my C7

Hi all, this is my first post and its about my nokia C7, I sent a free app from my PC to my moby, received a message but I'm unable to find where my app lives, can somebody give me simple instructions on the whole process?

Many thanks from a new Nokia fan..

Cheers

Woz

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Downloading apps to my C7

If the application sent is in a compatible format when you click on the message.. it will start installation on its own.. It will even ask you if you want to install in phone memory or memory card..Though some applications install only in Phone memory..Once the installation is over you may see the Application icon most likely under the Applications folder.. 

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
woz66

Hi Farby,

When I click the link within the message it takes me to the OVI store where I have to log in and download, and it prompts me to use the WAP connection as opposed to me WLAN home connection. Thanks for your help I have achieved my first app download.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Not surprisingly you are encouraged to utilise a network connection by Nokia, but it is possible to use your PC to download free applications should you so desire.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Professor
vvaino

Hei,

You can also try this; go to menu-office-file magager->
then you can look for the app from mass memory E or
from your memorycard. It is not in phone memory C,
because it is writeprotected.

Sometimes, when you upload app from the Ovi Store,
the downloading proses won't go rightly for reasons
I don't know.

-vvaino
#SwitchToLumia
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
adian89

Hey Guys!

By now, I am sure most of you all must hav figured out using your Nokia C7.

I hav just purchased it two days back and im still trying to figure out  this device. I am facing few difficulties dowloading application using my Wlan and hav been unable to download anything at all using Ovi Store as it prompts to use cellular network.

Now could any one tel me another way of dowloading from Ovi Store using my Wlan.

Also how can i send the text from Ovi in a compatible form? =/

Your help would be highly appreciated guys.:smileysad:

Thanx.

Please use plain text.
scofieldsri

Hi all, this is my first post on this discussion board.

i downloaded an app and its file extension is .jad but i tried to 

install another app whose extension is .dm and it said not

compatible... so can any of u suggest me the file extensions

that are compatible to c7........

thanks and regards

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

From where did you download the application with .dm extension ???

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Bendy2573

Trying so desperately to upload apps to my new nokia C7. Have sent them to my phone from laptop. tap on link, tries to connect to internet then nothing. Help!!!

Please use plain text.