Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Error in installing ovi suit

Advisor
Accepted Solution

Error in installing ovi suit

Hi,

When I try to install the ovi suit I am getting an error as the: 

Installation Operation Failed

The system can not find the path specified.

Any Idea why this error is coming up?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
cricfancy

Hi,

Which operating system are you using?  What is the source of your installation(through CD/DVD or through Wen Installation) ?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I am using WindowsXP SP2 and I have downloaded ovi suit from d ovi.com...!
Please use plain text.
Professor
tpt635601

Uninstall Nos 2.0, PC Connectivity Solution, cable connecitivity driver, run cc cleaner, reinstall NOS from www.nokia.com/ovisuite and reboot ur system and check
If my post helped you, click on Kudos button :smileyvery-happy: and if my solution provided is opt 2 u, accpt my solution :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I dont have NOS already installed and I have the same set up file... But I had not removed the connectivity drivers, thinking it may be required.. :-) thanks for your reply, will check it again after removing the drivers..
Please use plain text.
Advisor

It did not work out... Stil l get the same error!!

Uninstalled the whole Nokia PC Suit, restarted, cleaned etc etc...

but did not work out...

getting the same error still...

What I am not getting is, this thing does not ask me for a path and chooses its own and still says it did not find the path specified! :smileysurprised:

Any suggestions on how to install it????

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hello all,

Good to be joining a lively forum.

I am also encountering a problem that prevents me from installing Ovi suite on my Vista 64-bit laptop. I get a message "failed: network error" against most of the items on the installation list. Is there a solution to this?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Soppante

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
satari

Could you please try following steps?

1. Uninstall OviSuite, PC Connectivity solution and Nokia Connectivity cable drivers from Add/remove Program

2. Restart Your PC

3. Install latest Ovi Suite.

4. Restart you pc and try

Please THANK me by clicking on the ****WHITE STAR** ( Giving KUDOS) the big GREEN BOX to your LEFT .
It will help me to serve you better !!!!!
Thanking You
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
satari

[ Edited ]
Download Ovisuite from here: http://europe.nokia.com/get-support-and-software/download-software/nokia-ovi-suite
Message Edited by satari on 20-Nov-2009 12:20 PM
Please THANK me by clicking on the ****WHITE STAR** ( Giving KUDOS) the big GREEN BOX to your LEFT .
It will help me to serve you better !!!!!
Thanking You
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Thanks a lot..

That worked out! :smileyhappy:

Actually, I had uninstalled the drivers and all, followed all those steps already, but the setup I had was downloaded from ovi.com...!

Thinking it would be same, was trying to avoid the download, as I have very limited internet resources...!

Thanks for all your help!

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.