Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Expert Challenge

Sage
vinay19882
Accepted Solution

Expert Challenge

Suppose I received a new message from a contact from my phonebook. That message gets synced (one way i.e. from phone to NOS) to NOS. After sync suppose I accidentally deleted that message from my Phone. Now I drag that message from NOS to phone. The drag & drop method has successfully transferred the same message from NOS to phone but the only problem which I got was that the message which I had transferred is showing the header as last name first & the first name last. After that when I go to options menu then I found that only forward option is there that means no "reply" option is there & the last "message details" is showing name in reversed order & no contact no.

Just check This post & then check it yourself then you will find the same result .It's a big bug don't know which part of coding or application is creating problem with this.

But if you do backup & restore the messages then this error will not come.

So, experts please help me in this issue.

If you like my post then Plz click on Green Star on left side to add Kudos

Also, if you find my this post suitable to answer then plz click on "Add to Solution" tab on right
Please use plain text.
Professor
sysinit

Hi Vinay,

Can't resist and just tested it. Similar problem.

First of, before stating the differences, all my contacts are split into last and first name.

Now to our differences:

1. In the inbox of my N82, instead of having the last and first name swapped, I see instead the mobile phone number.

2. The message details is not showing the name, but the contact number.

I guess the problem lies in both the mobile and NOS. Which version of NOS are you using?

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Sage
vinay19882

It's not a problem with phone because if it's so then doing backup & restore gives the same results but that is not giving this problem only using drag & drop this problem comes.

It's the message details which are missing due to which this whole situation is coming.

So, please help & support this issue to raise it & also tell everyone to & nokia staff to see this.

Also, if you find my this post suitable to answer then plz click on "Add to Solution" tab on right
Please use plain text.
Sage
vinay19882

I am using NOS 2.2.0.241 but I am having problem starting from 2.1.1.1 release

Please use plain text.
Professor
sysinit

vinay19882 wrote:
It's not a problem with phone because if it's so then doing backup & restore gives the same results but that is not giving this problem only using drag & drop this problem comes.

It's the message details which are missing due to which this whole situation is coming.

So, please help & support this issue to raise it & also tell everyone to & nokia staff to see this.

Hi Vinay,

The reason why I think the phone side has a part to play is because we are getting different symptoms. I believe our only major difference is that I'm holding an N82 where you're holding an X6 (if I remember correctly).

However, I do agree with you that NOS has a bigger part to play in this problem.

BTW, have you raised this issue with Nokia Care? I saw that you had been dealing with this problem since last month.

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Sage
vinay19882

Firstly I'm not holding X6 it's Nokia N79 & secondly I had already raised this issue with Nokia careline by going to Contact us but that didn't help me in this regard.

So, if you know the direct contact no. to developers or software testing where all these firmwares are developed then plz let me know

No, I am dealing with this problem since Jan 2010.

Please use plain text.
Sage
vinay19882

In my case in message details it's showing the name that too swapped & there are no contact number of the sender.

Please use plain text.
Sage
vinay19882

[ Edited ]

So, what I suggest is that let's make a big issue & raise it so that the Nokia employees will listen to this because there is no use of just sync your messages in NOS & you don't get it back in right format.

Please use plain text.
Sage
vinay19882

So, where are the experts gone....

Please use plain text.
Professor
sysinit

vinay19882 wrote:
Firstly I'm not holding X6 it's Nokia N79 & secondly I had already raised this issue with Nokia careline by going to Contact us but that didn't help me in this regard.

So, if you know the direct contact no. to developers or software testing where all these firmwares are developed then plz let me know. ...

Hi Vinay,

Can you pass me your case number? Is it still active? The only thing I can help is to log a case with reference to your number and this thread.

Unfortunately, I have no affiliation with Nokia; I'm just an end user like yourself. So the only way we can move is to send this case to Nokia Care.

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Sage
vinay19882

Can you please tell me where it's written????

Please use plain text.
Professor
sysinit

[ Edited ]

In my region, they call it SR#. And it will look something like "1-2345678901".

The other one that can be used is thread ID, which will look something like "[THREAD ID:1-2ABCDEF]"

Both SR# and Thread ID will be quoted in half of their e-mails posted to us. Again, this applies to my region; I'm not sure about yours.

I assume you're based in India.

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Sage
vinay19882

Yes I am having Thread Id's & they all are active till date

Please use plain text.
Professor
sysinit

vinay19882 wrote:
Yes I am having Thread Id's & they all are active till date

As in they're still in constant contact with you even until these few days? If so, can you provide one of them to me so that I can quote it when I log a call to them?

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Sage
vinay19882

Here is the list of Some Id's :-

[THREAD ID:1-50S1YZY on 10-4-2010
[THREAD ID:1-4ZRIEUS] on 6-3-2010
[THREAD ID:1-4ZH69TT] on 28-2-2010
[THREAD ID:1-4ZQ1I0C] on 4-3-2010
[THREAD ID:1-4ZYISNT] on 12-3-2010

Please use plain text.
Sage
vinay19882

Most recent one was this :-
[THREAD ID:1-52QJM5H] on 23-6-2010

Please use plain text.
Professor
sysinit

Hi Vinay,

I dropped them a request earlier today. So far no response except for an acknowledgement. Will keep you posted.

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Sage
vinay19882

Thanks Sysinit for helping me in this. You do a bit of work from your side & I did from my side. Now let's hope Nokia will do from their side.

Thanks once again.

Please use plain text.
Professor
sysinit

Hi Vinay,

They just dropped a mail on me, with thread ID 1-52SXNMP. In their own words, they "will try to replicate this in" their "end and if" they "find that there is such an issue with Ovi Suite" they "will forward this to" their "developer's team".

Will post back once they response.

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Sage
vinay19882

Sorry for late reply but Thanks sysinit for trying for this.

BTW did they gave you any estimate regarding the time within which they will reply.???

Please use plain text.