Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Failed removal Nokia_Multimedia_Common_Components_...

Andreas87E52

Failed removal Nokia_Multimedia_Common_Components_2_5

I had a problem with my Ovi Suite, it wouldn't synchronize with my mobile anymore. So I removed it and reinstalled, but still it didn't work. Then I tried to delete all Nokia programs by using configuration-programs, however, one refuses to remove: Nokia_Multimedia_Common_Components_2_5. Now, this program always pops-up and asks to be installed...

I have removed all files connected to Nokia from my computer, but still it says the same: "There is already another version of this product installed. U can not proceed with the installation of this version. Use Configurationscreen-Programs to configurate or to remove the existing version of this product"

Does anybody knows how I can remove this file?

Professor
tpt635601

Re: Failed removal Nokia_Multimedia_Common_Components_2_5

Hey,

Cud u pls chck if some files related to this in running in the background?  Start Task Manager n look 4 any processes r running related to this, if yes, kill that process and try to uninstall, please dont asky me which file/process its running, i hav no clue abt this :smileysad:

Also, i wud recommnd u 2 paste ur complete system info

If my post helped you, click on Kudos button :smileyvery-happy: and if my solution provided is opt 2 u, accpt my solution :smileyvery-happy:
Mobile Visionary
satari

I am not sure whether this will work for you but please try it one.
1. Download and install NOS again
http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/nokia-ovi-suite
2. Uninstall Ovi Suite, PC Connectivity solution and Nokia Connectivity cable drivers from Add/remove program if anything is there.
3. Delete the files from here If anything is there
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Nokia\Ovi Suite
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Nokia
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\OviInstallerCache
4. Please search and download MSI clean up utility from microsoft website
Once installed please select the programs related to Nokia and click remove.
Restart Computer.
Then download from microsoft website and install Windows Installer, so that the installer is upto date.
Please THANK me by clicking on the ****WHITE STAR** ( Giving KUDOS) the big GREEN BOX to your LEFT .
It will help me to serve you better !!!!!
Thanking You
Andreas87E52

this may sound stupid, but I tried installing that MSI clean up utility but then it gives me a fault: 800A0046, so that doesn't work...

Mobile Visionary
satari

For that error code this can solve your problem:
http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/1839/vista_800a0046_permission_denied_vbscript_runtime_error/
After that this should work"Go to Microsoft and download Microsoft Installer cleanup . Open it and find the nokia multimedia common components line and click remove"
Please THANK me by clicking on the ****WHITE STAR** ( Giving KUDOS) the big GREEN BOX to your LEFT .
It will help me to serve you better !!!!!
Thanking You