Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Four different calendars - can someone help me und...

Contributor

Four different calendars - can someone help me understand them?

I'm trying to sync an N8 with Outlook via ovi suite, something that I've been doing for years with my old Nokias and PC suite (which I no longer have installed on the PC).

My phone's calendar has three calendars:

1. Personal

2. My Items

3. Ovi and me

4. PC Suite Data Sync

The reason that I care about this is that for me to get an entry from the phone to sync with the PC it seems that I have to put it in the "Personal" calendar. However, the next time I sync the phone, this entry will be synced back to the phone in the "PC Suite Data Sync" calendar as well as Personal.

If I put new entries on the phone into the PC Suite calendar then they won't sync with the PC!

I'm running Outlook 2007 on Win7 64-bit.

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: Four different calendars - can someone help me understand them?

*Bump*

I spent a lot of time clearing this up - all entries seemed to be working in the "personal" calendar.

This morning though, I synced and Ovi Suite doubled up all the entries on my phone (one in "personal" and one in "PC Suite Data Sync" and then removed *all* entries in  Outlook.

This isn't just buggy, it's broken.

N.

Please use plain text.