Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: GSM Gateway

mushys

GSM Gateway

Hi

Can anyone clarify if using Nokia Pc Suite to send Texts through a nokia phone constitutes as using a GSM gateway?

Thanks in advance .

Please use plain text.
Employee

When you send SMS messages through Nokia Suite, Nokia Suite uses the SMS settings as in phone.

Cheers, Samuli
Please use plain text.
mushys

Thats what I thought. However My mobile contract has just been terminated on the basis that the operators considers the computer running Nokia Pc Suite a GSM Gateway. 

saylinen wrote:
When you send SMS messages through Nokia Suite, Nokia Suite uses the SMS settings as in phone.

Cheers, Samuli

Please use plain text.
Employee

Hi, yes, Nokia Suite uses phone's SMS settíngs for sending SMS messages. When you send SMS message from Nokia Suite, it is actually the phone which sends the SMS message.

I recommend you to contact to your operator care regarding termination of your mobile subscription.

Cheers, Samuli

Please use plain text.
mushys

saylinen wrote:

I recommend you to contact to your operator care regarding termination of your mobile subscription.

Cheers, Samuli

Just spent an hour explaining to O2 that the texts were sent though the a Phone connected to Nokia pc suite. However the lady turned around and reconfirmed that O2 regards Computer as a un-authorised gateway?

Wow Im truly confused. :Huh:

Thanks for your help .

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

SuRe: GSM Gateway

Surprised how the Operator knows that the Messages are sent through the PC !!!

Please use plain text.
mushys

Re: SuRe: GSM Gateway

[ Edited ]

farby wrote:

Surprised how the Operator knows that the Messages are sent through the PC !!!

I think the sheer volume of texts going through might have got them thinking.

The funny thing is when I pulled them up on how they concluded I was using a GSM Gateway, they told me that they had investigated it.

Please use plain text.